Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Live Services Not Working for Me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Live Services Not Working for Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinstalling the application made no difference at all for me. It downloads 8.203.9717 which is exactly what was installed before.

Two other odd issues I have noticed:

The unit when used in my bedroom window (to get the TMC signal at home) triggers my external PIR activated lighting.

The unit smells strongly of hot bakelite (shows my age here).
Larok
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr T, Sorry to hear that reinstalling the application didn't work for you. Did you use Home to do it?

Mine didn't change the version of the application either, so I assume the reinstall must have replaced a corrupt file of some sort. The bakelite smell I noticed also, but it has gone away after being on for a number of hours.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought another (yes I am impatient) and it worked straight out of the box.

I even tried copying the contents (except Maps) from the new to the old in case there was some corruption but this is not the problem. I think the unit has some hardware issues as well the way it keeps resetting itself and locking up and getting very hot.

After searching the web and some Dutch forums using Google to translate, it seems these problems have been occurring for some time, particularly with the HD Traffic dongle. The error code 2031 refers to a SIM error. It seems TomTom in Holland are aware of this so it does not seem right that they could not respond to my service request and are "researching" the problem.

The faulty one is going back tomorrow for a refund.
Larok
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gj Got the right result anyhows, strange reinstalling the application worked for mine and not yours.
SydEx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had problems with Live services in the installation phase. At one stage, it reported that my safety camera database was not linked to this device, even straight out of the box, with a fresh Home account. This seemed to sort itself out.
The biggest problem I had was that I could not update fuel prices and map updates. Both reported a file access problem. Searching the TomTom site (and even this august forum!), I could not find a solution.
In disgust, I re-booted my PC, and recycled my 540. Lo and behold, it all worked perfectly.
In my humble opinion, TomTom need to let a software expert loose on TT Home, as I suspect much of the problems lies there,
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SydEx"

In my humble opinion, TomTom need to let a software expert loose on TT Home, as I suspect much of the problems lies there,[/quote]

In my opinion TomTom just need to find someone who understands software Laughing
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SydEx wrote:
I too had problems with Live services in the installation phase. At one stage, it reported that my safety camera database was not linked to this device, even straight out of the box, with a fresh Home account. This seemed to sort itself out.
The biggest problem I had was that I could not update fuel prices and map updates. Both reported a file access problem. Searching the TomTom site (and even this august forum!), I could not find a solution.
In disgust, I re-booted my PC, and recycled my 540. Lo and behold, it all worked perfectly.
In my humble opinion, TomTom need to let a software expert loose on TT Home, as I suspect much of the problems lies there,

I have the same symptoms. Safety Camera updates wont work (and after TT support have been "helping", the cameras I had managed to get onto the TT also don't work.

Map updates is also a no-no

What do you mean by "recycling" your 540? Can you explain the steps you took?
SydEx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. By 'recycling' I merely meant switching off and on again.
SunnyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... okay. Thanks for the explanation. Sadly I tried this already.

And TomTom's support line is to busy to even get in the queue.

MOAN!
Guinness2702
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this problem (the 2031 message) has just started happening to me today. I've made no changes, and not connected it to home - it just started happening today.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get confilicting advice from TomTom depending on who you speak to. Today I have been told by email that I had a mixed SIM and needed to do a reset.

I was also told on the phone when I called today to see why the latest map guarantee was not working that there was a software problem on half the x40 range and that could be causing the live problems and it would be shortly fixed in an update. That did not sound right to me.
streetg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been speaking to TomTom all week because I purchased a 940 Live which would not connect to the Live services, I must have spoken to half a dozen support staff at TomTom who were unable to fix it. I was even advised to go and replace my device at my retailer, which did not fix the problem.

The last straw was when I was told they had a batch of devices which will not work, they do not know why and do not have any idea when it will be fixed, i then duly took my device back to the store for a full refund. I'm now waiting for some supervisor in TomTom support to authorise the refund of my £7.99 Live payment.

My advise is, don't buy a TomTom Live device until they have ironed out the problems and all the support teams have had some training, they all give very different answers.

Back to the trusty 910 device.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, MrT I live not too far away from you in Bedford and followed this post and can confirm that I have had exactly the same problems and error messages with my 940. I'm waiting for TomTom to return from their Christmas Party (the reason why the support lines closed early on Friday). I'm not sure what will happen as my unit was shipped directly from TomTom Holland.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam, can you try the following:

Tap the sat strength meter, followed by the version box then the "Network" button.

There will be a SIM ID number on the next page, what are the first four digits? - Mike
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, just posted the information to another thread, I discovered that the 3 & 4 digits of the SIM ID are the country code and mine is showing 8944xxxx which seems correct.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: