Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPAQ Vs Vista with WMDC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPAQ Vs Vista with WMDC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aBoijj
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: iPAQ Vs Vista with WMDC Reply with quote

I've got Vista Ultimate x64 and an iPAQ RX1950. I've installed WMDC v6.1.6965 but I can't seem to get the computer to recognise the iPAQ and in attempting to fix it I seem to have broken WMDC - it now won't load at all!

I've tried uninstalling WMDC, deleting the folder and going back to 6.0 but that doesn't change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas before I give up and reinstall Windows? It did used to work some time ago but I had a lot of problems with crashing (turned out to be a RAM issue) and it stopped working at some stage. I'm starting to get paranoid about losing my contacts now as I haven't been able to sync them for months Confused
pennyandchris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this is obvious, but you are using the 64-bit version of WMDC, aren't you? They're both on version 6.1.6965 now.
aBoijj
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am. I believe the 32-bit version refuses (or at least resists) installation on a 64-bit OS.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Google search reveals problems across many boards with your device.

This trouble shoot worked for me with a different device, may be worth a try.

PS are you using an off-site avatar or signature on this forum? Your posts have ground to a snail pace, and still not fully loaded after 15 mins.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you are on your own having problems with wmdc, I have
problems with both my asus a696 and mio168 using vista 32bit, it seem like a cut down version of activsync, ok its got a improved interface but with less functuality and works when it feels like it, i have had to reinstalled a few times to get it working.
aBoijj
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem seems to centre around getting WMDC to load after installing it. I click the icon, the mouse cursor momentarily suggests that something is loading then nothing happens.

A trawl through the event logs immediately after plugging the PDA in highlights three problems:
Source: RapiMgr
Event ID: 8
Message: Windows Mobile-based device failed to connect due to communication (0x80004002) failure (see data for failure code).

Event ID: 8
Message: Windows Mobile-based device failed to connect due to Receive Connection (0x80070490) failure (see data for failure code).

Event ID: 6
Message: Windows Mobile-based USB device is plugged in but is unable to make a network connection to the desktop.
aBoijj
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, I've tried the suggestions mentioned in the links but nothing seems to have solved it.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had a Sync at all, after various reloads and finally getting MWDC to reckonise my PDAs, one thing i noticed is that wmdc seems to sync in the backgound and not do anything unless something is changed on the PC,
If you think you have problems I am trying to co-ordinate and sync 1 Desktop and two Laptops (1 Lappy XP other 2 Vista) with two PDAs, I thought Activesync was basic but it worked and personally I think WMDC on Vista Absolutely Sucks.and all i want to do is Sync my Contacts and Calendar.
One of the things lost is the leave conflicts, you now only have the choice to update iether the PC or PDA which is not very convenient when you have a 5 way choice.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: