Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - trumpion-route 66
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

trumpion-route 66

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1neil1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: trumpion-route 66 Reply with quote

first of all hi guys and thanks for having me here just joined the site in search of some info into the world of sat navs Wink

this is the unit i have just bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPS-Sat-Nav-Euro-Map-speed-camera-Xmas-gift-Tom-1day_W0QQitemZ190182588747QQihZ009QQcategoryZ156954QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sys info
rom version 17c.yf.3.q.1023
processor atlas111
software version v2.0.0.10.20
id 2dao48830000078a

software on sd card consists of folder named route 66 with sub folders help, lang,maps,pois,res,speechand tmc

can any body help me with cam updates map updates and voice change updates, cant see any voices on the sd card at all in the speech folder are .ogg files for poi sounds. very new to this so all help in basic terms would be greatly appreciated

regards neil.

sorry if this is in wrong place its my first time on here
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, for Speed Camera installation to your device please have a read though This Thread, it is for the Pocket PC and PNA based devices running Route 66 so will work for your unit.

For custom voices things are not quite as easy, the spoken words are all lumped together in one single file, it is possible to split this open, substitute each spoken command with a replacement then stitch the single file back together again. It is very much a DIY job as there are no custom voice packs available as yet for Route 66, have a read of This Thread which explains how to swap out the voice files - if you do intend messing around like this please ensure you fully backup the sat navs memory card to the PC BEFORE you start - Mike
1neil1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike for your reply, ive checked out the links but theres one thing i cant understand it says to drop the cams in folder britian i only have one folder named europe i assume this will be the same thing as its a europe map and not the brit one, the thing thats confusing me is in side the folder there is only the map no speed cams but yet the sat nav has picked up all the cams ive passed so far ? i cant find any folder with any cams inside them except the poi wich just has gasto 30-40-50 ect

neil.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the folder will be POIS/Europe as you have Euro mapping on the device, Route 66 is supplied with a speed camera database as standard, I have never used it so I will not comment on how good or bad it actually is.
If you follow the instructions placng the POI files into the correct place you will be able to not only get visual warnings but true spoken alerts using the ogg files.
Various different types of ogg file sets exist to match the Pocket GPS World Speed Camera database, these can be downloaded for free from This Page - Mike
1neil1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike that was a great help voice are now all set up, when you update cams what ecxactly are we updating possiton of cams or type of cams or somthing else as this device as come with redlight, gasto mobile,
average speed ect so not sure if it actually needs the cams updating but thanks for all your help m8 its made it a bit easier finding my way around it

regards neil.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probaly have both the speed camera database from Route 66 and Pocket GPS world on the unit, try disabling the R66 one or remove the files you suspect are R66 cameras, just copy them to the PC before deletion (just in case) - Mike
1neil1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry m8 think you missunderstood the question i havent d/loadd cams from here but my satnav came with the above already on i was wondering if i or anybody for that matter updates the cams what exactly gets updated or what gets added should i say

neil.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said earlier I have no experiance of the Route 66 camera database, the only version I tried 18 months ago contained 2 cameras for the whole of the UK, the spooky part was one of them was at the end of the road I live on!
Perhaps someone else who has knowledge of the R66 update can assist at this point, but I would expect the update is similar to ours in that it just replaces the location data files with an updated set - Mike
1neil1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok mike no problem thanks very much for all your help its appreciated m8

neil.
gazgelder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: trumpion-route 66 Reply with quote

hi sorry icant help with your questions,but you hay be able to help me i have just moved house and lost my backup cd that i made for my trumpion sat nav ,now my software has developed a fault and i cant fix it.is there any chance you could download your sd to a cd for me .if you can i am willing to pay you for it plus postage.please help if you can has i am lost without it amd cant afford to buy again.thanks lisa

1neil1 wrote:
first of all hi guys and thanks for having me here just joined the site in search of some info into the world of sat navs Wink

this is the unit i have just bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPS-Sat-Nav-Euro-Map-speed-camera-Xmas-gift-Tom-1day_W0QQitemZ190182588747QQihZ009QQcategoryZ156954QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sys info
rom version 17c.yf.3.q.1023
processor atlas111
software version v2.0.0.10.20
id 2dao48830000078a

software on sd card consists of folder named route 66 with sub folders help, lang,maps,pois,res,speechand tmc

can any body help me with cam updates map updates and voice change updates, cant see any voices on the sd card at all in the speech folder are .ogg files for poi sounds. very new to this so all help in basic terms would be greatly appreciated

regards neil.

sorry if this is in wrong place its my first time on here
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to resolve this issue by contacting Trumpion, requesting copys of software from other users devices is against the rules of the forum - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: