Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - htc4350 and tt6 driving me nutty!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

htc4350 and tt6 driving me nutty!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stavross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: htc4350 and tt6 driving me nutty! Reply with quote

Hi

I had TT5 working fine on my HTC until my MMC corrupted.

As I didnt have the original discs I opted to buy TT6 (am using 6.0.10)

I have installed and it will connect to GPS but it will only go a few seconds, maybe a minute at most - then hangs. Then I have to reboot the PDA. I can sometimes navigate the screens and at other times. The whole thing is unstable. I have restored by htc back to factory settings (it is WM5) and bought a new memory card but same problems.

I also cant plan any routes - it goes through the motions of calculating the journey and then gives a planning error right at the end. it does this even when I pick two central ciy locations to go between. Every time.

The 4350 isnt listed as a supported device but is tt6 much different to tt5 - tt5 worked fine for months and tt6 has been nothing but trouble.

Any guidance appreciated please!

David
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum David, this is not advice I like to offer out, but I would suggest you hard reset the device fully and then re-install the application first - then see if it is working correctly.

Next re-install any other applications you need on the device one by one and test the navigation application to see it is still working between each additional software application installation.

When/ if you find the application that is messing up the TomTom navigation software you will at least know which software you cannot use on the device at the same time as the navigator.

Please bear in in mind a full hard reset will wipe out all your data stored on the unit, so if there is anything of importance on the device copy it to the PC first, and when re-installing do not use a backup, each application will have to be put on the unit one at a time to work which application is causing the problem. I would have thought the hardware would work with the navigator application, the fact TomTom say it isn't supported simply means it hasn't been tested by them - Mike
stavross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the assistance. I have already done this - twice and only reloaded TT6 as the first application - nothing else. Its really wierd.

I am minded to upgrade the device to WM6 but I dont think that gives me a way back to WM5 so wanted to get advice from this forum before doing this.

Thanks David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: