Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NavNGo iGO 8: Sales do not reply, so is Support any good?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NavNGo iGO 8: Sales do not reply, so is Support any good?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: NavNGo iGO 8: Sales do not reply, so is Support any good? Reply with quote

Hi,

This is for the attention of anybody at Nav N Go.

Having seen the PocketGPSWorld review of the iGO 8 (see here), written by MaFt, I thought that I'd like to buy a copy of iGO 8.

However, I didn't want to buy a new PDA so I emailed Nav N Go's Sales Department to see whether either of my spare PDAs (HP 2210 and HP hx4700) would be able to run iGO 8.

I sent my first email on Friday 27th June 2008 and a follow-up email (nearly three weeks later) on Thursday 17th July 2008. I still haven't received a reply and my email system generally doesn't lose emails!

So firstly C'mon Nav N Go, please respond. If you don't respond to sales queries then what are you like replying to urgent support calls??

Secondly, has anybody managed to get iGO 8 running on either an HP 2210 or an HP hx4700?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hx4700 may be able to handle it but i doubt the 2210 would handle it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hx4700 should be able to run with iGo under WM2003SE.
h2210 is running with Intel XScale 400 Mhz what is enough, but i'm not sure if iGo 8 will work with WM2003.
Well... you can try to compare with the compatibility chart: http://navngo.com/pages/global/eng/igo_8_supported_devices and try, if you'll find something with similar specification.
I've tested iGo with Mio 168 & 169 and it's running well, but both are under WM2003SE control.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Igo8 and McGuider will run on the 4700 but you will have "fun" with the GPS if using Bluetooth, neither application seem to find the BT GPS each time you start either application on the 4700, you have to connect each time by going to BT Device Manager, I have not tried the applications with a CF GPS yet but will do so in the morning. I have always found the auto connect for a BT GPS somewhat lacking on the iPAQ-4700 though so it could be my hardware, although a hard reset of the unit still produced the same problems for connection.

Both applications have no problem finding the built in GPS on the PDA based phones I have tried them on though - Mike
mxmaciek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samll updade Wink
Digging the Forum is your best guide. Answer for the specific: HP h2200 and hx4700 is here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67086
Very Happy
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mxmaciek,

Thanks for the information. Yes I normally do search the forums first, but my post is also a "heads up" for Nav n Go and a chance for them to reply.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also sent iG0/NavNGo 4 emails over a period of 10 days about 3 weeks ago. No reply from them at all. Tried 2 of their email addresses.

I have iGO 8 running on a Mio168, but find it needs at least 38-40MB of program memory free or the map stops but the voice continues in navigation mode.

The iGO 8 software was expensive considering that you can buy a TT for less than a £100 these days. The shop would not refund me for it as I made the mistake of registering it on the Nav N Go web site before I found that I had problems with it and wanted to return it.

Had to remove/uninstall several things on the Mio to get it to run OK because of the memory issue. Would not even calculate the route if over about 40 miles at first. Even now the map sometimes does not turn at junctions for several seconds after the turn if in nav mode.

Seems to need a quite fast processor and lots of memory.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have iGO 8 running on a Mio168, but find it needs at least 38-40MB of program memory free or the map stops but the voice continues in navigation mode.

The Current list of devices supported by Nav N Go iGO 8: includes MiTAC Mio 168 so it should run OK.

Try a hard reset on the 168 and re-install the software, in case there was a 'glitch' fiest time, then maybe turn off the 3D buildings and lower the terrain resolution, and as when using TT software, turning off all POI's speeds things up.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost_Property wrote:
maybe turn off the 3D buildings and lower the terrain resolution, and as when using TT software, turning off all POI's speeds things up.

I do have the 3D buildings off and the terrain on lowest settings. But I have not tried it without the Safety Camera files, could be them affecting it on my Mio as its old and slow these days compared to newer PDA's.

The other issue with iGO is the safety cameras, specs as we know have the problem of knowing when to turn off the warnings. The mobile are all set to 0 MPH so doesn’t work well, and I have found that about 30-40% of all cameras have the wrong direction set.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The mobile are all set to 0 MPH so doesn’t work well, and I have found that about 30-40% of all cameras have the wrong direction set.
I haven't found that with 2006+ and we use the same download. Have you got the latest July ones? In June there was an error with, I believe, mobiles and it was corrected a couple of days later.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit that I have not downloaded the July files. Will do now and try over the next few days.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with igo8 there are no problems with mobile cameras being at 0? Confused

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:

The other issue with iGO is the safety cameras, specs as we know have the problem of knowing when to turn off the warnings. The mobile are all set to 0 MPH so doesn’t work well, and I have found that about 30-40% of all cameras have the wrong direction set.

Specs problem is known about by IGO (aparantly) but not fixed Sad . For some reason IGO (Mio) have not allowed a speed to be allocated to mobiles (Wake up IGO) Sad . Our database has about 12500 cams in it. about 6700 have direction info against them (about 54%) most of which is accurate plus or minus about 10 degrees. Very Happy This means that about 46% of our cams do NOT have ANY direction data (as opposed to wrong) Sad . So come on all you camera spotters, feed MaFt the direction data for the remaining (and increasing) 6,000 odd cams Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was actually going to post a list of all the cameras that need heading data but then realised it would be rather long...!!!

instead i might do a 'live' page where each time you go on it gives a live snapshot of camera id's that need heading data - but it will still take just as long to find id numbers near you!

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
i was actually going to post a list of all the cameras that need heading data but then realised it would be rather long...!!!

instead i might do a 'live' page where each time you go on it gives a live snapshot of camera id's that need heading data - but it will still take just as long to find id numbers near you!

How about a page where you enter your location and a radius, whereby cams without heading are listed. Or perhaps something like how my verifier excel sheet works on provisionals, put in SW and NE corner of area to filter in the wanted cams without az?
Just an Idea.Shocked Stupid Question Shouldn't be too much work for you MaFt. (I looked for a suitable 'duck, you idiot' emoticons, but couldn't find one so) Surprised Stop it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: