Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - another laser add on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

another laser add on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mixer25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: another laser add on Reply with quote

http://www.radarzone.co.uk/addon.htm

Could the above be worked into a speaker or something???
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an accessory for the Road Angel and is of no use on its own (and of little use with a Road Angel anyway!).
mixer25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you are right, but the stand alone Blackspot Laser Alert makes a good extra for a pda

http://www.radardetectors.co.uk/laser_alert.htm

I spoke to Steve of UKSpeedtraps and he reckons it works spot on! Rolling Eyes a valuable extra I think to a PDA system, here in Wales there are loads of lasers in the back of vans and you NEED laser protection for sure, you can't say it isn't worth it when in some areas there is a lot of these vans
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt that the better ones will detect a signal. What I am saying is the amount of warning you get is insufficient to be of any use. If you detect a Laser trap at 200m then your speed has already been captured. The LAser guns can target vehicles at 1/4mile! By the time you get an alert your ticket will be in the post!

And I know only too well the no. of Drive Alive vans in Wales, I got caught on the M4 at Newport heading to Cardiff two years ago. Heading down the A449 this year I nearly got caught by another but having spotted a supicious Van at the side of the road a mile or so ahead I slowed down and lo and behold it was another one with it's camera! Despite having radar and laser on board I got no alert until I was close enough to read his number plate!
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

And I know only too well the no. of Drive Alive vans in Wales, I got caught on the M4 at Newport heading to Cardiff two years ago. Heading down the A449 this year I nearly got caught by another but having spotted a supicious Van at the side of the road a mile or so ahead I slowed down and lo and behold it was another one with it's camera! Despite having radar and laser on board I got no alert until I was close enough to read his number plate!

Umm. This does suggest that you were (Heaven forbid!) speeding? Wink

I have the Origin B2, which helps a lot - but I seem to drive slower than before - more aware of the speed - I have also found the cars speedo to be over optimistic as well - so drive at an indicated 75/76 but a true 70mph (Assuming the Origin is right!)

Shame I can't take it abroad this year due to the europeans dislike of them!

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
IDespite having radar and laser on board I got no alert until I was close enough to read his number plate!

The operators are not supposed to have the trigger pulled on *every* car that goes by, the RADAR/LASER/VASCAR is only there to confirm to the officer that the vehicle is indeed speeding and to prove the speed. Thats why you have no alert if you pass then at the correct speed.

If a copper walking down the road wanted to do you for speeding he can, he doesnt need a LASER gun to do it, just a good judgement of speed. Obviously in practice this doesnt happen unless someone is really pushing it. Ive even known officers to caution someone and then ask how fast they think they were going and then subsequently book them by there own addmission of there speed!!!

I have a Snooper s4 (gps and laser) but if zapped by laser would be pretty useless unless I got a scatter from a vehicle I was following at similar speed, the only way to be sure is buy a Laser jammer, sorry I mean a garage door opener (which operate on same frequency as Laser guns used by police.

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fully aware of that but given I saw it a mile or so ahead and the vehicles ahead of me were travelling in excess of the posted speed limit I would have hoped to detect some scatter at least.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: