Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom RDS-TMC Antenna
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom RDS-TMC Antenna
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
So, why when so many people have reported problems when its routed "correctly" did I get such good results when it was inside the dash?
Your unit must be faulty as it doesn’t behave normally, seriously, though, it sounds like you have found a decent installation that works with your vehicle so leave it well alone and enjoy the data - Mike
welshpirate
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Help Wanted Reply with quote

I have had a problem with my traffic updates on my TT 720 T, up to a couple of weeks ago it worked fine, made no difference if the charger was plugged in or not. Now I cannot get any traffic info at all the device says it is looking for a signal and never finds one, so I think this may be a software issue, when I connected my unit to my PC a couple of weeks ago it down loaded a new feature (show Lane Images) If I try to use this the message says the map or map version I have is not compatible and does not work. I have seen mentions in different forums of version this or that I take it this means the operating System ?. Is this version I have stopping the traffic working ? How do you find out what version of the operating System on you TT, and how do you change it ?

I have tried the traffic aerial plugged into the TT when not in the car and it still cannot find a signal

Regards
Welsh Pirate
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use tha Lane Assist functions you will need another newer map, these are not currently available for the x20 range of devices so you will have to wait.
This shouldn't affect RDS-TMC though, to find out which version of software you are running on the device tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner of the screen) followed by the version box on the next screen - Mike
welshpirate
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Mike, I have Version 8.010 on my TT, How do I change this to the version I had when my traffic worked ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will work fine with your receiver, what often happens when you update is that certain files are overwritten/ replaced - I think there is a file that contains the last known RDS frequency the device used for information but the update replaces this. The net result is the device has to scan until it finds the correct frequency, once it has received data subsequent lock ons are much faster - Mike
welshpirate
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike
That should happen but I have not had traffic for two weeks.
how do I get the older version on myTT ?

Regards
Dennis
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add I've add my new gadget tmc receiver now for 3/4 weeks and just completed around 2000 miles around England & Wales and it worked about 98% of the time ,although for some reasons the flipping road was always clear except for 1 accident where the detour took us in completely different route so could never actually find out if there was a major problem or not ,so on the whole a excellent piece of kit ......... just wish they would bring out a blue tooth version now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: