Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost my voice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost my voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thermocline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Lost my voice Reply with quote

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I've had my TT720 for a few weeks and sometimes after it has been connected with TT Home and re-started, I find that there's a message about the chosen voice not being available. I have been using the standard voice (Kate) and there are no odd-balls installed. All I have to do to get around the problem is to re-select Kate as the voice and go through a couple of options screens. Not that big a problem, just a nuisance. Anyone know why this happens or what can be done to stop it ?

Cheers
hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with my 930 and using "Kate", the text to speech voice.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From deepest memory, it could be the settings.dat File in the Root of the Drive. Make sure it's not Read only.

Do you connect to the PC with the Device switched ON, or OFF?

Do you use Safely Disconnect?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Settings.dat file is set to Read/Write.

I connect to my PC with the device switched off and always use the Safe Disconnect function.
sx50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my voice Reply with quote

Thermocline wrote:
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I've had my TT720 for a few weeks and sometimes after it has been connected with TT Home and re-started, I find that there's a message about the chosen voice not being available. I have been using the standard voice (Kate) and there are no odd-balls installed. All I have to do to get around the problem is to re-select Kate as the voice and go through a couple of options screens. Not that big a problem, just a nuisance. Anyone know why this happens or what can be done to stop it ?

Cheers
have the exact same problem with my go 930 after connecting to home.
i lose voices and have to reselect the voice, it does not do it every time i connect, very strange???????
also there is no battery warning at all which is very annoying,it just turns off without warning.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a known bug in Home's software that, when you use the emulator (Operate My Go), you lose the computer voice setting? Want to know why? The answer is in the ttgo.bif file (it's a text file) in the map folder on your unit. Look at the defaultvoicename line. That's right. Home's software sets it every time to 'Nelson'! Well, since the unit can't find that name as your selection when you turn the machine on, you have to reset it .... again Mad
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
It's a known bug in Home's software that, when you use the emulator (Operate My Go), you lose the computer voice setting? Want to know why? The answer is in the ttgo.bif file (it's a text file) in the map folder on your unit. Look at the defaultvoicename line. That's right. Home's software sets it every time to 'Nelson'! Well, since the unit can't find that name as your selection when you turn the machine on, you have to reset it .... again Mad

can you not edit the file then to change default?

Jon
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think so, wouldn't you? But one member of another forum tried that and somehow the core code of Home changed it back. Just sloppy coding ...
gearloos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: 930 also DID that...not anymore Reply with quote

Very Happy --Thanks!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: