Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Memory on Etrex (Legend)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory on Etrex (Legend)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mires
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Memory on Etrex (Legend) Reply with quote

I’m thinking about getting Gramin Legend in USA for use in Europe. So I have few questions:

1. how big (in MB) is the base map. Us I understood there is now way to change base map from US to Europe.
2. With MetroGuide do I get the same (or better results) for all areas as with the base map (or just cities)
3. Can I load part of world map in free memory and have the same results as with Europe base map?
4. How big (in MB) is “street level maps” say for one city like London. Or one country like Austria?
5. do these maps actually are useful? (say for hiking or mountain claiming ?)

I really appreciate if someone could answer my questions or pint to the some place on the web.
SteveUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought an eTrex Legend when I was in the States a year ago - it was certainly a lot cheaper! As you say, the basemap cannot be changed and I don't know the size of it.

The Metroguide maps are much more detailed than the basemap, although I didn't bother with the US one while I was there.

I have the UK and France maps, and they are excellent bearing in mind the memory limitation of the Legend.

To give an idea of the amount you can fit into the Legend's memory, you can fit the map of London (inside the M25 area) on the Legend, but that leaves no room for anything else! The Sout East of England (excluding London, also fits (but not at the same time).

All in all a very useful unit, and I've no regrets in buying one.

If you go to..

http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexLegend/index.jsp

... there is a link in the top right-hand corner which shows you what detail and coverage there is in the various Mapsource and other CDs.

Cheers,

Steve[/quote]
mires
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

than you !
your answer was very usefull
(now I'm looking at meredians. magellan isn't so gready as garmin and included SD slot for higher expandability Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: