Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Guam - latest map version?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Guam - latest map version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Guam - latest map version? Reply with quote

After all my messing about trying to get my maps updated TT have eventually informed me that the latest version of GUAM is infact V710

Can anybody confirm this as I am sure that others have updated to v715 and am sure somebody would have pointed out my error if this had not been the case.

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you planning on visiting Guam?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Angel
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

I have already made mention of this point elsewhere on the forum Shocked

This is a matter of PRINCIPLE.

So what is the answer then? Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the answer is that as Guam has only a dozen roads and you are unlikely to ever visit it, why not choose a better issue to make a principle of?

Guam isn't about to add any 3-lane highways in the near future after all Very Happy
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me explain this again.

I have absolutely no intention of visiting Guam and, as pointed out in another thread already, I am sure that the Guamanian people are very nice and I mean them no offence but..................

being a bit new to this I have had much good advice etc on here and with this benefit have managed to get TT to upgrade my other maps from v710 to v715. This took several attempts as it seems they give you a bit then hope you will go away. When you ask again, they give you a bit more and so on. eg why ask me to send them a copy of the original invoice and then , only later, ask for the serial no. of the device.? it seems to be delaying all the time in the hope that you will go away. They then try and fob me off with just the Euro maps. Pah!!

After several days and several Qstn and answer sessions within MYTomtom I have always asked them to upgrade all three maps to v715. At no time have they told me that v710 of Guam IS the latest version. Why not. It would have been very easy and saved lots of time. eg

" Hi Mr. X we have upgraded your account and you can now download maps v715 for W & CE and NA. The map you have of Guam IS already the latest version "

Perhaps I am asking too much here.

The principle comes in as others here have mentioned that they have had their maps upgraded to v715 - no mention of Guam etc in fact some suggest that Guam HAS been upgraded / updated.

It is clear to me already that TT like to seek the easy way out all the time. No I have not booked Guam for my hols this year but who knows, I may decide to sell the TT 920T in a few months time to a Guamanian who would dearly love to pay me more money for the latest available map version.

Nuff said!!! Wink
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, my ex-wife used to think this way! Rolling Eyes
mjw71772
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Guam Reply with quote

Darren,
Have you ever been on Guam? Because if so you would realize there is more than a dozen roads here. I have been living on Guam for the past 3 years. Granted being 30ish miles long X 10ish Miles wide does not make this a huge tourist attraction by any means, but with the massive amounts of military here and the projected move of more Marines to the island, I would think that some of these GPS companies would get their head out of their behind and put Guam into the GPS, I mean after all it has been on the map for several hundreds of years already, and if Guam was so unimportant as people think, why was there a huge battle for it during WW2? But anyways enough about that. I have a Garmin Colorado 400t, does anyone know where or how I can go about downloading a base map of guam onto it? I do not care about the roads, I just want the island, possibly topographical if possible, so I can go geocahing without having to only see a blue background. And no the answer isnt change the color of my background to another color. I would just like to see land that I am navigating on not just a bluescreen. Thanks for all your help.

Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have been to Guam. My comments were tongue in cheek as whilst Guam does doubtless receive many visitors, few of those complaining about the map issue will be amongst them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: