Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - r66 nav 8 pois
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

r66 nav 8 pois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eirlink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: r66 nav 8 pois Reply with quote

im trying to install my pois onto a r66 mini running navigator 8 but i cannot get them to work.
i cannot seem to find the correct folder in the sd card to drop the files into. Am i correct in assuming that custom pois are not allowed on this unit, as there seems to be no menu item to add them.

surely its possible to drop a csv file somewhere in the cards file structure so that it works.

on the previous version ( nav 7 ) all i had to do was drop the csv files in the storage card / POIS folder.....

....however there is no such folder in navigator 8 ??

any help is appreciated. thanks
zerocool2014
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

sometimes the pio's may go in the folder where the maps are check there
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version 8 software doesn't appear to support custom POI files at all which is a great shame, the version 7 application was a very credible nav package, the version 8 release is a significant step in the wrong direction.

It is a very strange move to remove this sort of essential functionality from the software, I asked their tech support about this issue some 4+ weeks ago and they have still not bothered to respond - Mike
SteveR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: POI's Version 8 Reply with quote

I asked them the same question and they answered that it is not possible to use external POI's. I have started building my own "Landmarks" to use their new term. What a waste of time. They have effectively cut us off from the outside world and all of the good work done by so many people in collecting info over the years. I (cynically) suspect that they are going to offer some sets as subscription services.

Steve
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you got an answer, my question is still unanswered by them some months later. It is a real shame they have done this as the version 7 release was actually a decent application, the newer version 8 release is a total waste of time in my opinion - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: