Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Turning off when charging ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Turning off when charging ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Turning off when charging ? Reply with quote

Hi all

When I switch my charger on the satmap always switches on.

How do I switch if off when charging.... ? If I press the normal on / off switch the screen goes dark (I don't get the normal 'do you wont to turn unit off message)

However when I unplug and switch on the unit appears to how been on ie has a GPS lock and lots of tracking dots.

Any ideas or comments on this please

Many thanks for your time

Regards

Mike
guestlinger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

This seemed like a similar question to the one you asked on 12th Oct called "charged battery pack". I'm not sure there's a lot more to add beyond the 5 replies you received then. Are you able to be more specific - I think it's clear from the previous responses that a charging Satmap is effectively "on"!
Mike777
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guestlinger wrote:
Hi Mike

This seemed like a similar question to the one you asked on 12th Oct called "charged battery pack". I'm not sure there's a lot more to add beyond the 5 replies you received then. Are you able to be more specific - I think it's clear from the previous responses that a charging Satmap is effectively "on"!

This is taken from the Satmap website under FAO !

It is better not to run the unit whilst charging. The optimum way is to do the following:-
- Plug in the unit,
- Check you have the lightning symbol on the battery which will confirm you have charge
- Then switch off the unit
NOTE: ensure you have the Screen Alert Every Minute set to ‘Off’.
That way all power will be going into the battery and not running the unit and you will achieve full battery. The battery has its own charge protection current so it won’t overcharge if you leave it running.

As can be seen it states clearly 'then switch off the unit '

My question is how ?

Mike
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satmap talked me though this on the phone a couple of months ago.

By "switch off" they mean press the power button to blank the screen and conserve power.
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, only in the case of charging when you press the off switch the screen goes blank and truddles away in the background. When you press the off switch at any other time you get the message asking if you want to power off.

While charging with the screen off and you remove the power cord the screen will light up and you will notice that the unit has been logging while charging. All seems a waste of power to me, why the unit cannot charge while completely off I dont know, but it doesn't bother me too much as I leave it on charge all night before an outing.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: