Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: tomtom bluetooth Reply with quote

I`ve recently purchased the tomtom navigator 2 package which comes with the bluetooth receiver and car cradle with charging kit. After some initial teething problems with bluetooth manager (updating to the latest drivers sorted this) i have to say i`m impressed with the accuracy. I do get a bid peeved with the nagging when i go off track to avoid traffic, but i`m always put back on track.....eventually.

The problem i`ve got is with the charging of the bluetooth unit using the car kit. If it becomes run down and i connect the car kit to recharge it the red light on the bluetooth unit stays on to signify charging. The ipaq will then lose the connection until i manually turn it on again. After 30secs or so it turns itself off again and will keep on doing so. Its as if the bluetooth unit is using power faster than the charger can supply it. Any thoughts? Confused
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: further to the above Reply with quote

Just to clarify. When I say car Kit, I don`t mean the cradle. It`s the cigarette lighter adapter i`m querying. 2 leads come from the back of it to allow you to charge the ipaq at the same time (which it does admirably)
Steve_o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi geezor.

I have the same set up and get the problem you explain. I cure this problem by keeping the GPS reciever charged as much as possible.

Since doing this It hasn't done it.

Hope this helps you.

Steve_o
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Steve _O. Glad i`m not the only one with a problem. Guess the answer is to charge it fully using the mains adapter and then plug it in as soon as you get in the car. I shall contact TomTom and ask them what gives. This cant be right that a charger won`t charge.
thax1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that too, and have also resorted to keeping the thing well charged.

When its not too flat, the charger seems to be able to keep it topped up - and on a longer journey the charge light will go out - so it can supply more than it drains.

It only seems to be a problem when the low-charge light has come on.

Check that the right LED is lit, which signifies charging.

If the left LED is on - the battery is very low. I usually resort to connecting the charger and turning it off for 15-20 mins. - Just to give it a chance.

(More annoying is that I seem to have a loose connection, sometimes after moving the BT GPS device, it stops charging.)

I'm going to look at permanently wiring it up onto the back parcel shelf.
Anyone know if covering it with a fine black material will stop the signal?
(Anti-theft camoflage measure Wink )
geezor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a reply from tomtom today. Faulty charger on the cradle they say. Only thing is...I`m using the charger direct into the receiver so that rules that out. Waiting on another reply. Thax 1, i`ve used it in my coat pocket with no problems so a bit of black mesh shouldn`t hurt it. Better still use the magnetic pad (stuck mine on the back of the rear view mirror) and take it with you when you leave the car. I`m going to hardwire the cradle in the glovebox and that way it`s charged when i get in. Stick it back on the mirro and voila!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: