Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Mark Dyson's In-car Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Mark Dyson's In-car Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Mark Dyson's In-car Mount Reply with quote

Mark has sent us some pics of his in-car setup which comprise of TomTom Navigator 2, a GlobalSat BT308 GPS Receiver and a TomTom car kit all fitted into his Citreon Picasso with a remote antenna.

Check out Mark's in-car setup here.
mikehagen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: REVIEW COMMENTS: Mark Dyson's In-car Mount Reply with quote

Thanks Mark ... because thanks to you I discovered that Picasso has a coated windscreen. Citroen Italy told me that the windscreen was not coated and for over two months I fighted with my BT-308 Sad

Dave wrote:
Mark has sent us some pics of his in-car setup which comprise of TomTom Navigator 2, a GlobalSat BT308 GPS Receiver and a TomTom car kit all fitted into his Citreon Picasso with a remote antenna.

Check out Mark's in-car setup here.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. As a rule of thumb, all newer PSA vehicles (Peugeot and Citroen) appear to have an anti-glare coating on the windscreens which does cause problems with satellite reception.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Windscreen Reply with quote

Hi

Glad to be of assistance. You can tell if you have a heat reflective windscreen as they often leave a space behind the rear view mirror so that you can use this to place aerials for phones/gps/camera detectors etc.

I am in the process of changing my setup and will send in more pics soon.

Regards

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Windscreen Reply with quote

mark1968 wrote:
Hi

I am in the process of changing my setup and will send in more pics soon.

Hi Mark,

I'd be interested to know what PDA mount and clip you've used. I have an IPaq 3970 and a Brodit powered mount which I need to transfer to a 2003 Picasso now that I no longer have a company car.

Cheers,
Grahame.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Mounts Reply with quote

Hi

The photo shows the TOMTOM mount kit. I found that the pda was not very stable when driving as the mount was stick to the windscreen, and was hard to read when driving.

Since the photo was taken I have changed my layout and am now using the Brodit kit. This is much more stable.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: