Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Traffic reporting non-existant M40 traffic problems?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Traffic reporting non-existant M40 traffic problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fizz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: TT Traffic reporting non-existant M40 traffic problems? Reply with quote

Hi,

Monday morning (8:15ish) M40 was reporting 25 minute delays from the M25 westbound, round the roundabout (the warning symbols actually went up the sliproad, round the roundabout and down again) at junction 2 and back eastbound. It was correct in that there were delays eastbound as a lorry had shed a load of concrete but westbound was clear. I put the problem down to the westbound displaying incident messages on the information signs.

This morning (again 8:15ish) M40 was reporting exactly the same problem. This time both carriageways were flowing freely.

This evening (3:40ish) M40 was still reporting this problem but again appeared clear (was on the M25 & could only see westbound).

When I arrived home and plotted a route in the area it was still reporting the problem so I took the following picture. Problem area is circled.

Has this report been there constantly all week? Has anyone else experienced this?

Outside of posting on the forum is it possible to notify ITIS so they can investigate and resolve?

col

ozsat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A44 (Islip) problems reported today were exactly the same as those displayed yesterday - but there were no problems today (don't know about yesterday).
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running both TMC and a Tm Q-Busta.

In 99% of cases the Q-Busta is right and the TMC is wrong. I put it down to the TMC data being collected at set periods then forwarded to the radio stations plus the time delay in updating the car units.

The Q-Busta is virtually live and therefore more accurate (IMHO).

Quite often on my journey home TMC is reporting traffic problems on the M25 clockwise from J15 but Q-Busta reports the traffic starting from J13 and as I say, in 99% of cases the Q-Busta is right.

All this data from the same company as well!
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
hersheywillow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: tomtom 920t first time in use Reply with quote

A few days ago i had to travel a 240 mile round trip that included the dartford tunnel, m25 onto m11 cambridge.
I decided this would be a great trial for my new tt920 traffic so i hooked it up (quite messy looking) and off i went.
I had no problem receiving the traffic info and it reported a 10 min delay just out of the tunnel, no problem i thought but i ended up being stuck there for 80 min although tomtom never changed the display to show a longer delay despite the info updating often, so not impressed.
The next problem was tomtom showing a 90 min delay on the m11 between harlow and stanstead but as the last report was rubbish i decided to press on, however there was no problems at all along my route all the way to cambridge.
Then on the way home down the m2, tt was showing a 2 hour delay due to the motorway being down to one lane, but as it was 9:30pm i decided to try my luck and guess what, not a car in sight at the trouble spot.
What a waste of time the traffic service is, my advise is don't waste your time with it as you are bound to spend lots more time driving miles out of your way on detours then to get stuck in the odd real jam.
Just one more thing - why do we pay so much tax to drive on such poor roads anyway - this is the real traffic problem after all.
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that this is a TOM TOM rather than a TMC data issue. TT Traffic apparently uses exactly the same data source but here the time of delays appears to be more accurate. From what I understand it is the latest software version 7.2 etc that may be causing the problem. TT advice to me is to reinstall the previous version and this should rectify the situation. (not that I have managed to successfully do this yet)
I get 1 min delays shown on the side bar but the details of a contra flow J6 M1 have been showing 177min delay since before Christmas.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that - v7.020 is exactly the same as 7.221 as far as TMC is concerned.

It is a bigger problem - the delay info is just plain wrong in v7

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: