Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PC Planning Software (Sat-Sync)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Planning Software (Sat-Sync)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
.......... I like to see a bigger picture than you typically get on a handheld device. I have both MemoryMap and Anquet running on my Axim X51v with 640*480 resolution - it's very nice - but still doesn't show me enough at a resolution I can read easily.
One of the things I like most about the Satmap is the ability to zoom out into the 1:250,000 and smaller scale OS maps so that I can get an "overview" of what I'm doing. I don't know if you can do that with Memory Map or Anquet on a PDA - ?

philpugh wrote:
...... I hope that SatNav do continue to develop the product as it does have some very nice features. If they don't then the current big boys (eg GARMIN) will do it. All we need is to have sensibly priced OSGB mapping products .....
So far as I am aware, Garmin haven't previously put out anything that will accept OS maps, presumably because they want to sell their UK Mapsource mapping products. If they are indeed changing this marketing strategy it could be extremely good news, but I'm not holding my breath ...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard (earlier tonight) is the software has completed Beta test and should be available later this week, keep checking the Satmap web site as it is being updated, hopefully the SatSync software will appear on the site soon - Mike
Jay1967
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Last I heard (earlier tonight) is the software has completed Beta test and should be available later this week, keep checking the Satmap web site as it is being updated, hopefully the SatSync software will appear on the site soon - Mike

i hope so, i want start feeling good about the fact that that ive just spent £500!
Yasack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And still no sign of it on the web site. Another week, another let down!!

Yasack
Jay1967
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yasack wrote:
Quote:

And still no sign of it on the web site. Another week, another let down!!

Yasack

Was told should be out Monday or Tuesday. Today I was running a beta copy and it looks pretty neat but im not using memory map (which its one of satmaps strength in terms of file compatibility). There are several forms of gpx files meaning they can contain an array of info and because of this complexity it has caused the company delay in its release. However, my initial finding were that I was unable to use Geocaching.com's library of gpx files on in the SatMap. Says "Invalid file format" !! hmm Maybe this is the complexity there were referring too?!
Another thing to bare in mind that it is possible to acquire files on to the SatMap but without hem being compatible with the unit. i.e Apart from only sometimes getting errors messages you can upload a useless file and not be totally aware of it!

SatMap created Routes come up as .map extension and these are easily exported using SatSync to be viewd in Google Earth.

Ill be spending more time with it over the weekend... but IMO it looks quite ready!!

TT GO920, Honda in-Car system, Garmin Oregon 550T + (OSGB 1:50k S.Eng), Garmin 60CSx, TT BT, QSTARZ QBT1000 Data Logger, MemoryMap v5 - Uk 1:50kOSG
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay1967 wrote:

SatMap created Routes come up as .map extension and these are easily exported using SatSync to be viewd in Google Earth.

How do you do that? I've just tried to open a test route I saved from my A10 and it's saying the file type is unsupported.
Jay1967
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
Jay1967 wrote:

How do you do that? I've just tried to open a test route I saved from my A10 and it's saying the file type is unsupported.

1. File_Export then select .map file
2. Drag and drop in GoogleEarth

If that didnt work perhaps you have an older beta version? I only got a copy of it today.

TT GO920, Honda in-Car system, Garmin Oregon 550T + (OSGB 1:50k S.Eng), Garmin 60CSx, TT BT, QSTARZ QBT1000 Data Logger, MemoryMap v5 - Uk 1:50kOSG
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened GE again and it said a new version was available, installed that, dragged and dropped my A10 created route on and it came up with an error saying Not Well Formed (invalid token).
Jay1967
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
Opened GE again and it said a new version was available, installed that, dragged and dropped my A10 created route on and it came up with an error saying Not Well Formed (invalid token).

what are you dragging into GE? and where from exactly? detail your steps..

robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .map route file is in My Documents and I dragged and dropped it in to GE.
Jay1967
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
The .map route file is in My Documents and I dragged and dropped it in to GE.

did use the export function to output the .map file?

robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Export from where?
Paul_ffitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand the posts correctly, Jay1967 seems to have got a beta version of Satsync. I guess we'd all like to know where from!

/Optimistic Mode On/ Perhaps it will be on the Satmap website shortly... /Optimistic Mode Off/
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_ffitch wrote:
If I understand the posts correctly, Jay1967 seems to have got a beta version of Satsync. I guess we'd all like to know where from!

/Optimistic Mode On/ Perhaps it will be on the Satmap website shortly... /Optimistic Mode Off/

Surely you don't have to have Satsync to drag and drop a file in to Google Earth!!!! Shocked What is the world coming to!!!!!!! Confused

As for finding things on their website.....it's all seems to arrive by word of mouth....I recieved firmware 1.03 from another user before Satmap had told me it was available, you'd never know about it from their website!!
Jay1967
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
Export from where?

The Export function is under the File menu, File_Export. There is only one file menu. If I were you I would call SatMap and get the latest Beta copy if they are happy to release it to you as I did.

Wish u all the best.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: