Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Citroen Xara (well Citroen Generally actually) Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Citroen Xara (well Citroen Generally actually) Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Citroen Xara (well Citroen Generally actually) Question Reply with quote

HI Folks

I am going on a business trip this week - only about 400 miles or so - and see this a a great chance to use my sat nav at long last to go somewhere I have no idea of where it is. I shall be supplied with a company car for the trip and it will almost certainly be a Citroen (as all of the standard Co Cars are in this company)

However, I have a feeling i have read somewhere on these forums that some French cars have a problem with getting a fix through the windscreen - is this true of Citroen's and the Clip On?

If so any ideas on how to get around this, without buying an external antenna?

Thanks in advance

Steve
Razer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since its bluetooth, why not just stick the clip-on on the parcel shelf, problem solved. People also stick the GPS units on the back of the rear view mirror if the car has a reflecting windscreen Thumbs Up
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Razer

Back Parcel shelf it will be then - if of course it does not fix from the dashboard - don't fancy the rear view mirror thing (if you mean the dorr mirror) and watching it bounce down the M42 as I go over a bump :D

Cheers

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was referring to the interior rear view mirror Laughing Most PSA vehicles (Citroen/Peugeot) have solar reflective coatings on their windscreens which affect GPS reception. A few options worth considering are:

1. Rear parcel shelf
2. Side window door top
3. Bottom right or left corner of windscreen or behind interior rear view mirror, the reason this often works is that gaps are left in the coatings to allow for the installation of automatic toll payment devices

The beauty of owning a BT GPS is having the flexibility to mount in all these places Thumbs Up
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Darren

I did rather suspect he meant the interior mirror, but for a very short time had this mental image of the clip attached to the door mirror and seeing it break loose on the journey!!! :D

Anyway, thanks for the info, I will indeed try the various locations suggested if the dashboard setting cannot get a fix

Ta Muchly

Steve
Razer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveg wrote:
Cheers Darren

I did rather suspect he meant the interior mirror, but for a very short time had this mental image of the clip attached to the door mirror and seeing it break loose on the journey!!! :D

Laughing
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My is in the boot of my Picasso, hidden in a covered alcove on the left hand side under the 12v power suppy socket.

Its kept in place using sticky velcro.
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Xara - and once I had had it valeted (amazing how poorly kept pool cars are isn't it?) - I tried my system and it worked forst time with the Clip on on the dashboard - no problem

There, that saves me any further nightmares about seeing my GPS bouncing down the M40 or wherever

:-)

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: