Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 310, How Many POI Files?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 310, How Many POI Files?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pageyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Garmin 310, How Many POI Files? Reply with quote

Hello i am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone would kindly answer a couple of questions. I bought a Garmin 310 after newly qualifying as an HGV Driver and was wondering:

1) Is there a limit to the amount of POI Files i can put on the units internal
memory/sd card, or is it just a case of putting files on until the memory/sd card is full? I can't find any information anywhere to tell me an amount, or if i go over a certain of poi files will slow the unit down when mapping. For example i want to map low bridge info and key fuels which i am thinking of buying which are 2 seperate poi files.

2) Has anyone used the fleet and low bridge and keyfuels software by landis media? Is it any good?

3) I know my unit can use 12/24v according to the specs without buying a seperate converter, but do some trucks use more than this, would it be safe to buy a dropper anyway?
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a HGV driver using the garmin 310c. I have the low bridges/speed trap and truckstops database on the system how much more memory I have left I'm not sure.
pageyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, i was just going to load the card with the poi files and see how i get on. Being a truck driver can you shed any light on my 3rd question. Thanks.
vince_roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref your quistion 3 as far as I know all trucks are 24v and most are fitted with a 12v socket so you should be able to use either.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: