Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Mapshare Updates since upgrade to map v7.10 any ideas?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Mapshare Updates since upgrade to map v7.10 any ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: No Mapshare Updates since upgrade to map v7.10 any ideas? Reply with quote

So are you guys all getting Mapshare updates okay?

When I upgraded to v6.75 which installed in a new folder adn transferred all map POI's and mapsettings file and setup mapshare everything worked perfectly.

But two weeks later when I got my free upgrade to v7.10 it installed in the folder where my original map was located, so I transferred back all the my POI's and mapsettings file.

But never got any mapshare updates since, I followed advise found on the forum and from TT Home removed all mapshare files etc. but I still am not getting any updates any ideas?
kitano71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem but now all works fine.
What did I do? I have deleted the map folder from the go910 (after a backup of all his contect) and install again the map version 7.10!
I think that there is some problem with Mapshare if you upgrade a map already present on the Go.
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have been swapping files around or factory reseting your TT make sure you re-enable Map Corrections on your device.

HummerUK
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapshare corrections are enable on device, I have tried deleting map but leaving my favs etc in place and via TTHome re-installed map v7.10 but still no mapshare updates, I even did a completely clean install without my favs etc but still no joy.

If I am the only one getting this problem then I have to bite the bullet and end up having several conversations with TT Support to get to the bottom of this issue.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this, today, after several updates to my original question about being unable to use MapShare.

Quote:
Could you please try the following:

Within TomTom HOME click on Preferences \ TomTom MapShare \ Remove corrections \ and remove the corrections.

This will delete the existing mapshare files. Next time you subscribes to mapshare, the system will create new and working mapshare files.

Doing this should solve most of the issues.

With Best Regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

The main problem was that I had never been able to download MapShare Files, so there was nothing to Delete. But I had been able to Upload Corrections. Confused

Fortunately, for me, it corrected itself of it's own free will and started working. This was while I was still waiting for the above definitive answer from the 2nd Level Technical Dept. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've also proved that (certainly a few weeks ago) If you deleted your accumulated MapShare corrections and downloaded from scratch, it "lost" a lot of the earlier POI corrections that had been done.
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy yip that was my very first thought of what I needed to do myself when I first realised their is a problem but after doing what TT support suggested for you to do I can tell you that it didn't help my issue.

Hi Andy I am aware that if you delete the old mapshare updates you currently dont get them back, if I check for updates using map v7.10 I dont get any but if I swap maps to the origonal map I signed up for mapshare files with v6.75 that I get offered some straight away when I check for updates I can't understand how I can get offered updates (which I haven't downloaded) with map v6.75 but nothing with map v7.10 which as I said I just upgraded to which was installed over the top of map v6.60 which was overwritten during the upgrade and I have double checked the setting on TT Home and the different maps versions and all the mapshare preferences are the same as far as I can see. This mystify's me to say the least I been praying like Oldboys mine would suddenly start get mapshare updates on its own accord at some point but that sadly hasn't happened yet.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: