Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - evesham bluemedia BM-6300 Mk11
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

evesham bluemedia BM-6300 Mk11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldsweat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: evesham bluemedia BM-6300 Mk11 Reply with quote

At £69.99 this unit seems cheap, has anybody got 1?If they have their comments would be apreciated.What accessories come with it ,its supposed to be waterproof & suitable for a motorbike.Sold by Evesham technologies. Question
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about the software, but its an Evesham badged Medion PNA175. I have one mounted on my ST1100. The device itself isn't waterproof, but it comes with a waterresistant zipcase which has a secondary waterproof flap over the top that comes to below the zip level. I've found it to be quite satisfactory and use it in my car as well. You have to work out the mounting for yourself, because the mount it comes with is for the handlebar on pedal cycles.

Mike
oldsweat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: bluemedia GPS for M/C Reply with quote

Hi Mike,can you see the screen clearly on this unit,after going to great lengths to fit my older Garmin pilot 3 to the bike I find that out in daylight I can hardly see the detail on the screen.Ive tilted it to all angles & added quite a deep shroud all around it but it dont improve it much,in the car with the interior above its crystal clear,must just be the older type of screen technology.I bought a new touch screen Garmin Nuvi 660 for the car which is very clear but its not waterproof & would be difficult with the powered mounting to adhapt to the bike & make it waterproof.
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any trouble seeing the screen except in v bright sun. Mind you, because its on a Pan European, I've been able to mount it above the dash, so its only just below chest level, which meand there's only has to be a small angle on it for me to see it, which means it doesn't catch the sky very much.
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, I run it off my accessory power socket, so the display is brighter than it would be on internal battery power alone. That's probably the the crucial difference. Have you considered hardwiring a connector into your power supply, if you can't fit an accesoory socket - the connectors are all readily available from components shop, like Maplins, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist with a sideline in brain surgery to do it.

Mike
oldsweat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Garmin pilot 3 on bike. Reply with quote

Yes pharmamike it is wired direct to the battery.I do hate wearing my specs that I need for reading but I found that using a pair of the half glasses on the end of my conk made a big difference so I could still have a clear view of the road over the top of them. : Idea
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't age a terrible thing! I have one pair of glasses to see generally, ride my bike and drive the car, another to see my computer at work and I still have to take them both off to read things and eat my dinner. I can just about drive safely and see the sat nav wth the computer specs.

My optician says he has the same trouble as though that supposed to make it easier to bear!

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: