Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SAT NAV with intrinsically safe cert.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SAT NAV with intrinsically safe cert.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronslost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: SAT NAV with intrinsically safe cert. Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hi all, new boy here, please be gentle ! Wink

I drive tankers for a living and I've just changed companies, and they don't allow any electrical eqipment in the cabs ( even my personal mobile ! Surprised )
I'm finding the change over from my old company a bit difficult as the customers have strange names...i.e. empire garage is actually in Enfield, and Halfmoon is in Epping ! I do have post codes , but they won't allow satnav in the cabs because of the electrical certs... ( double shielded etc...) is anyone aware of a system which is ok for this use ? or do i have to keep being naughty...?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of one, it's a rather niche requirement so little market for such a solution?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as its petrolium regulations then id go with the company policy. many companies that adr etc do ban certain peices of personal equipment

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
ronslost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
as its petrolium regulations then id go with the company policy. many companies that adr etc do ban certain peices of personal equipment

thanks for the replies... and i have seen other company drivers use some sort of route finding equipment, but as yet i've to collar one and see what it is ! I shall persivere for a while...
oh, great site by the way... wish i'd found it some time ago. !
keep up the good work. Clap
ronslost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

while I'm here... I've decided to go with a Nokia N70 with tom tom mobile installed as an emergency router... can some nice well seasoned forum member point me in the right direction regarding compatability, and if tom tom still drops out etc ?... or has a patch been made available.
this looks lke my cheapest way through this.(unless you know otherwise ? Laughing Laughing

thanks in advance for any help.........
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem of tomtom droping out was due to the phone dropping the bluetooth connection how are you getting the n70 as you will need a gps receiver as well as the pohne is your on contract if your with t-mobile or o2 then have a look at the mda compact 3 and the xda oribit the have gps receivers on the device and come bundled with copilot6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
ronslost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, already got a sirf iii holux thingy small red and white slim thing ? Laughing
but i heard that in early days that tom tom mobile dropped out on this nokia ? just wondered if this was so ?.. cheers for the help
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmen do a waterproof gps, so i sopose its safe for what you need cant remember the model though!! i have just been looking at so many today its making my head spin, also the rac do a gps with trucks built in to it RAC Sat nav 200, although it don't say that i was watching a demo on tv and it definitly has it

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: