Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Third Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickEP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Welcome to the forum, someone local for a change. If you can return the device you might want to consider the TomTom 720 as this is a far more capable device, Comet have them for under 170 at the moment which is probably cheaper than what you have paid - Mike

Thanks Mike, Bispham Lad here Very Happy
I only Paid £109 for the tt1 v3 from QVC
So I can return it within 30 days, I will have a look at the TT720 and see if its worth the extra £££ for me.

If I decide to keep the TT1 do you think there will be enough memory to download the USA Southeast map

Thanks again for the reply
Mick
MickEP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget answering the Question Mike, After reading some reviews of the 720 I have just ordered one Very Happy

QVC Returns Dept here I come
Thanks for the advise Mike
There are so many more features on the 720, its worth the extra
Thanks for the heads up about Comet £169 and collecting it this evening from the Store
Regards
Mick

PS. Great Forum loads of good info Thumbs Up
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get your 720, a do and a do not ....

Do, backup the entire contents of the unit using Explorer to your hard drive. Don't use TTHome's backup facility and make sure you have Windows set to show hidden files before you do.

Do NOT accept a firmware upgrade to 7.480 if offered to you when you connect your unit to the computer and run TTHome. It may kill your Voice Recognition.
MickEP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
When you get your 720, a do and a do not ....

Do, backup the entire contents of the unit using Explorer to your hard drive. Don't use TTHome's backup facility and make sure you have Windows set to show hidden files before you do.

Do NOT accept a firmware upgrade to 7.480 if offered to you when you connect your unit to the computer and run TTHome. It may kill your Voice Recognition.

Thanks for the Heads up dhn
Mick
fryn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi new to this but here goes - I was following this link and would like to know the answer to the question about the SE states fitting on the tomtom one v3 europe? I was about to buy this one but need to put florida on it in the summer.
Thanks if you can help at all Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, the USA SE map is currently 237MB so you could put that map on either the One Third edition Regional or Europe version, in either case you would have to copy the UK/ Europe map off the device to the PC to free up space for the new map.

The Full US & Canada map is 878MB so that would only fit on the One Third Edition Europe version - Mike
fryn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! That's great. Laughing
Freedomwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Battery Life on TT One Reply with quote

Had the TT One for just about a month now and seems that the battery life not that great on my unit anyway. I fully charge the unit for about 4 hours before use and the battery indicator never shown the green bar full, always around 90% and when in use after less than an hour, it will start flashing orange colour only 25% bar showing and then after another 15 min, it will run out off 'juice'! I have left it charging overnight and use the unit next morning and the same will happen after less than 1 hour useage! Do I have a faulty battery or is the One battery life is like that? Need to know befpre I return the unit, thanks!
Freedomwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been doing some readings on TT One battery life, l,ooks like this is normal for the unit, ie upto 2 hrs usage from fully charged battery.

On a different note, is there a way to add names to address stored in favorites/recent destinations?? I have along list of address stored and kinda losing tracks who the address belong to.....

Cheers for ya help!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what version of ONE you've got...
If it is a "3rd Edition" then you don't have the required "Manage POIs" menu unless you put a custom menu on your machine to get it back (see mikealder's review for instructions). You would then be able to resave your recent destinations as POIs and name them.
You should still have the Manage Favourites menu where you can change the name of those though.

Beware though, you can only have about 24 Favourites and as you add destinations the older ones drop off the list, so you really need to start converting them.

If you don't want to add the custom menu, you can always install something like POI Edit on your PC. You can then load your POI files (and your MapSettings.cfg file which contains your Favourites and recent destinations) into that and edit them to your heart's content
richardcoop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Doc browser Reply with quote

There is a tweak I have not seen before. It is possible to read the "helpme" directory html files using a custom menu on the TT v3 with the built-in doc viewer. Enable the doc viewer by adding "TASK_DOC_BROWSER" as an item on a custom menu page. Copy the "helpme" files to the "text" directory. I've renamed the relevant ones to "First aid" etc. and done some rearranging.

Incidently, I find the doc viewer pretty useful. I've put my cars maintenance schedule, fuse info etc. as text on my TT so it is handy.

Regards
foophonic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: not working Reply with quote

Hello
I've been trying to get the itinary menus back on my one 3rd edition but its not working.
the file name is correct, it's in the correct place, but nothing ever shows on the menus.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: not working Reply with quote

foophonic wrote:
Hello
I've been trying to get the itinary menus back on my one 3rd edition but its not working.
the file name is correct, it's in the correct place, but nothing ever shows on the menus.
Could you list what you actually did? The File Names, the Folder Names and where you put everything. Remember the software is case sensitive when it comes to File/Folder Names.

We can't see your PC, or the Device attached to it, so you will have to describe everything to us. It might sound tedious, but it helps to get a quick answer. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
foophonic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: not working Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:

We can't see your PC, or the Device attached to it, so you will have to describe everything to us. It might sound tedious, but it helps to get a quick answer. Smile

copied the texted from further back on this thread into text edit
named it TomTom.mnu (checked it was .mnu and not .mnu.txt)
Made a folder in tomtom called SdkRegistry
put file in that
restarted tommy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the custom menu text file installed to the device can you tell me if you still have the HelpMe and MapShare options available for selection or not? - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: