Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator Question Please Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator Question Please Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Destinator Question Please Help Reply with quote

Hi can someone please answer me a question about Destinator 2. Lets say you want to go somewhere for the day just a new place that you don’t no and never been there be for. Let’s say you’re in London and you want to go to Weymouth to the shopping centre. now because you have never been there be for you don’t no where the shopping centre is so you just navigate to Weymouth. Now why is it if you navigate to Weymouth it will plot you in the middle of no where? What I am saying is when you choose your destination why is it that it does not navigate you to like a shopping centre or a place that means something Maybe like a bus station or something.
why when you put in Weymouth it will navigate you to somewhere that means nothing at all. This has happened to me. I thought it wood at least navigate you to a place that means something like a shopping centre or something like that Not Just a road with nothing on.

And 1 more thing this one really does get me mad. Right I spend a good hour or so installing Destinator and all the maps and if I leave my PDA for a week the battery goes flat. And when I recharged the PDA Destinator has gone. and I have to reinstall it all over again is there anyway I can stop this happening because every time my battery goes flat I need to reinstall all the software all over again from start. please if you no anyway to stop this happening please tell me because its such a pain when I don’t use my PDA for a week or so and the battery goes and iv got to reinstall all the software again.

Sorry if I have not explain this very well but hope you understand my questions

Thanks for any help you give

8)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you with your first question, we all switched to Destinator 3...

the second part is easy. When you are done installing Destinator, do a system backup onto your storage card. This will save all the Destinator program files. The next time your battery goes flat you can then simply restore the system state (takes five minutes) and can get going again.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Caprice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the shop (or what are you looking for) using POI - press menu button and then POI (if I remember correctly).
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on how the GPS company uses the data to find a location. Some companies specify the outer boundary of the city because you don't really want to navigate to the town center, but others do navigate you there.

It's all down to user perception and what you want. Your best bet is to look on the map, zoom out/in find the city and enter a place there. After all that's what you'd do on a paper map.
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: