Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - First impression of MN6 - No good.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

First impression of MN6 - No good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: First impression of MN6 - No good. Reply with quote

I ordered it, because of "a winning award of ..."
OK - I was a victim of an ad.

Mine is Symbian version for Nokia E65.

But for all others... tell me if i'm wrong and just don't know how to use it, but there's a couple of bad/missing features in that software.

-if you're looking for an address You just got... just a street address. You got to know first in which city it's located at!!!! HOW DO I KNOW!! That's why I bought navigating software.

In order to bill Your company for KM's, You might want to look for a distance between two addresses... As You guessed... impossible.

While recording a "favorit", font/background are in a same colour, no manual zoom level, no scale, it always returns to a 2D mode, no access to main menu without stopping navigation, in order to compare shortest/fastest route, You got to go to a main menu (which stops navigation...), no input for coordinates, POI handler for extra money .... ....

As You might guess - I'm really disappointed to this software, even map display is nice and guides are clear. But those are not that much of clear, compared to a competitors, that this would be worth of buing.

Especially, when finding an address is impossible if You don't know the full adress. (Compared to Route66 and Navicore)
cozzykim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: DON'T BOTHER WITH NAVIGON MOBILE NAVIGATOR6 Reply with quote

FWIW,

my niggles:-

MN6 crashes at least once every journey Sad

The logbook can no longer be set to autostart Sad

You can't import your MN5 favourites Confused Sad

The 3D display is sloooowwww (on my 240MHz Orbit admittedly)

You can't get rid of the startup nag screen Sad

If you block your route MN6 doesn't recalculate to avoid the blockage, what *!&*!"* use is that? Mad

IMO if you don't ABSOLUTELY need the logbook facility (which I DO) then

*******DON'T BOTHER WITH NAVIGON MOBILE NAVIGATOR6*******

It's a waste of money if you have MN5
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In order to bill Your company for KM's, You might want to look for a distance between two addresses... As You guessed... impossible.

Oh NO IT'S NOT!

Go to Route Planning -specify SP & RP - Click on Add then Show route.
Gives me Total distance; Time of journey; ETA

When alll else fails RTFM.

Do you realise how many addresses are 'The Close' - You must have some idea where you want to go!

if you set the default to 2D then that is where it will it will always return to!

Perhaps the Symbian version is cut down somewhat.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: