Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi310 - safety Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi310 - safety Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meffiah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Nuvi310 - safety Cameras Reply with quote

Hi - compltete newbie so sorry for the basic question. How easy is it to get safety camera updates for the 310 and how good are the preloaded?
Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, getting a speed camera database for your device requires you to choose between the Garmin supplied Cyclops database or the one supplied by this web site, look at the costs and you will find quite a difference, the data from this site is as good as you will get (well its better to be honest than the others I have tried) for instructions on installation etc have a read of the sticky FAQ thread further up this forum section - Mike
meffiah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - I didn't see the Nuvi 310 listed on the compatable devices so I wasn't sure I could use it. I'll subscribe!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database from Pocket GPS World will work fine on your 310, just use the csv file download which is listed as Garmin i3, Nuve or POILoader as the name changed recentlly and you will be fine with the database, note if you decide to add other custom POI files such as fuel stations and banks etc they are also available for free from this site (look at the POI Downloads page) you will find a huge selection but please heed the warning about only 256 custom POI file types on your device otherwise things can go wrong - mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: