Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 550 query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 550 query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Garmin 550 query Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been done before, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anything.

I have just bought a Garmin c550 to replace a disastrously unreliable TomTom GO700. On the TT, when you have set a route, you can customise the display to show time and distance on route, current time and ETA. The 550 only seems to want to show the ETA and distance to next turn. I can't see anything in the manual about changing the display, and there is no menu item to change this either. I really like the "distance to go" and "time to go" display on the TT.

So, you can see I have looked! Am I asking the impossible, or is there a fix? Or have I just not looked hard enough?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is not possible. Garmin do not offer this functionality on these ranges.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap the ETA at the bottom left of the screen and you will see a comprehensive display with your speed very prominent. As Swing said time elapsed and time to go are not available.
richard53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I thought. Thanks for the information, folks. If it works, and keeps working, it will be 100% better than the Tomtom, so this isn't too great a hardship.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: