Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V9 MAPS FROM MY I3 ONTO MY NUVI 310 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V9 MAPS FROM MY I3 ONTO MY NUVI 310 ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: V9 MAPS FROM MY I3 ONTO MY NUVI 310 ? Reply with quote

I have just changed from an i3 to a Nuvi 310. My Nuvi 310 does not come with the full Euroepan mapping. I have a v9 udate dvd with the full maps of europe and have one more unlock code to use.

If I loaded the maps onto a 2gb sd card from the v9 update dvd, would it work in my Nuvi 310 ?

The unit has not arrived yet, just preparing myself. Going to the South of France in a month would like it to work down there
nikconnor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Unlock Reply with quote

It depends on which Maps you have, either City Navigator NT or just City Navigator.

nick
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Unlock Reply with quote

nikconnor wrote:
It depends on which Maps you have, either City Navigator NT or just City Navigator.

nick

Could you please expand a little on that....Oh and welcome to the forum Smile

Dave
Chrol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome.

My Nuvi 310 arrived today. It has preloaded City Navigator NT v9 UK and Ireland only. My update DVD is also NT v9 but covers the whole of europe.
mikeecix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted this in answer to another thread....

Not sure if this helps but I have just upgraded from a UK/Eire StreetPilot i3 to Nuvi 310. I ordered my free V9 UK/Europe update DVD from Garmin earlier this year to update the i3 maps from V8 to V9 by using the registration code I received with my i3. This unlocked all of Europe, not just V9 of UK/Eire.

My new Nuvi 310 had V8 maps installed so used the same i3 registration code to unlock V9 maps for use on my Nuvi 310 via the Garmin website. This has again unlocked all of Europe for use on my Nuvi. I believe I was able to do this because Garmin allows you to unlock a maximum of 2 GPS units per code (correct me if I'm wrong!).

Not sure what this proves but I didn't need to pay any extra to get all of Europe unlocked on both my i3 and Nuvi. I still have an unused registration code in the Nuvi box which I'm hoping to use on the V10 update DVD whenever it's released.

Hope this hasn't confused matters further!

-Mikee-
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given your Nuvi already has v9 UK/Ireland mapping built in, yes, you could loads sections of the rest of Europe onto an SD card and it will work, although you will need to use that second unlock code to access the rest of Europe on the Nuvi.
Zondaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, I bought a Nuvi 300 about a month ago which had V8 maps on. If I order the V9 Upgrade DVD, will I have to pay for the unlock code just to get the GB maps updated?
floridafil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zondaf wrote:
Just to clarify, I bought a Nuvi 300 about a month ago which had V8 maps on. If I order the V9 Upgrade DVD, will I have to pay for the unlock code just to get the GB maps updated?

No, you will not have to pay.
Also, if you have not yet registered your unit with Garmin, you could wait until V10 is released before you register. Then when you order the Upgrade DVD you will get V10.
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zondaf wrote:

Did you buy it new or second hand? If new then you may well get a free map upgrade if you contact Garmin. If secondhand then I am afraid you will have to pay.
Zondaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tynecomp wrote:
Zondaf wrote:

Did you buy it new or second hand? If new then you may well get a free map upgrade if you contact Garmin. If secondhand then I am afraid you will have to pay.

Bought new from Asda (£99). Today it tried to send me up a one-way street the wrong way! Think I'll wait for V10 to come out if I do keep it.

Is it true that Tomtom maps are always more up-to-date than Garmin's ?

I'm thinking whether I should get a TT instead; I find with the Nuvi it doesn't always give enough warning when approaching some roundabout's so that I can get in the right lane, are TT's any better at this ?

Cheers
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zondaf wrote:
Think I'll wait for V10 to come out if I do keep it.

Just be aware that whilst you may well qualify for a free upgrade to V9 you would probably have to pay for the V10 upgrade.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, if you have not yet registered your unit with Garmin, you could wait until V10 is released before you register

Please be aware that deliberately lying about the purchase date of the unit to obtain a free upgrade is fraud. Do NOT post this advice again.
Zondaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garmin say City Navigator 2008 will be available in January next year
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zondaf wrote:
Is it true that Tomtom maps are always more up-to-date than Garmin's ?
No, and you may also find the Garmin map is more accurate than the TomTom map too (although this is can be very location specific).
Guffnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little thread hi-jack.

Where can you buy the map DVDs? The Garmin website confuses the hell out of me. Always end up at the American site and unable to order anything.

I have the 310 (UK/Eire) and would like to purchase the rest of europe. Any ideas?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: