Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Licence not valid for GPS plot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Licence not valid for GPS plot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Licence not valid for GPS plot Reply with quote

Since installing MM2004 as a trial my MM2003 PocketNavigator is saying that my licence is invalid for a GPS plot. I have tried uninstalling MM, removing any remianing files and hunted around for residual registry keys on the iPAQ but it still doesn't work when I reinstall.

Has anyone experinced this and know the cure?

Matt
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Possible fix Reply with quote

On the 2004 version you install from the PC program to the PDA. If your registration details are not present on the PDA go into the PC program - HELP - Register Licence and if you details are correct and in there, just click OK and it will resend them to the PDA. If the details are not correct, put the correct details in the click OK and it will send them to the PDA.

There should be no conflict between 2003 and 2004 as they use different registry keys. The keys are stored in HKCU\software\memory-map\ then Navigator for the 2003 or non OS versions or OS2004 for the 2004 OS version.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT. Thanks for your help with this. It's a VERY long saga that started with me trialling PocketMechanic to do a defrag which corrupted my iPAQ filestore as well as my SD card in a major way.

Had to do 2 hard resets and 3 reinstalls to get things working again. For some reason Memory Map didn't want to play ball despite seeming to have the correct reg keys in the locations you mentioned.

Anyway I eventually managed to sort it out after sufficient uninstalls on PocketPC and main PC and hunting around for registry keys to delete. It's now working OK. Phew! Don't want to have to go through that again. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: