Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe - PocketGPSWorld speed camera software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe - PocketGPSWorld speed camera software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete_c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Aytobe - PocketGPSWorld speed camera software Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm very new to the world of SatNav but I recently picked up the £99 Aytobe unit at Maplins. The sales clerk there threw in a Safety Camera Database CD, which judging by the label, was created by Pocket GPS World. I've gone on the Safety Camera Database CD and discovered multiple folders for multiple units, none of which are labelled Aytobe.

I don't know much about adding files to SatNavs (I'm very new) but I have given it a try. I've installed ActiveSync on my PC, and made a back up of the SD card. The clerk at Maplins insists that I can use the Tom Tom files so I tried copying them to the MMC_Storage folder, the MMC_Storage/Cities folder and then finally the MMC_Storage/Cities/English folder, none of which works.

First, am I doing this right? If not, could someone point me to a tutorial or how to on copying files to an Aytobe unit? So far I haven't found anything.

Second, if I'm using the wrong files, which ones are the correct files? Are there correct files?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, firstly the cd maplin gave you is from october 2005 so will be rather out of date! for the sake of £2 i'd join and get the latest version.

however, you may first wish to install the database succesfully before parting with your cash - for this i would get in touch with maplin as they told you it was compatible and even gave you the disc!

MaFt
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
hi, firstly the cd maplin gave you is from october 2005 so will be rather out of date! for the sake of £2 i'd join and get the latest version.

however, you may first wish to install the database succesfully before parting with your cash - for this i would get in touch with maplin as they told you it was compatible and even gave you the disc!

MaFt

I think Maplin must be confuddled over it - there doesn't appear to be any way to do bulk loading of POIs on the aytobe, with it's native smat2go navigation software.

I think they've probably put 2 + 2 together and got 5 - probably read something about the possiblity of speed camera alerts, and assumed.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a poorly informed Maplins employee to be honest it simply will not work with the supplied device and disk without serious messing around that would involve installing another application to the unit, if you really need Speed camera warnings from the device consider returning it and purchase something else that will do what you want/ need - Mike
pete_c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Now that I am better informed, I will take the issue up with Maplins.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: