Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Amazon Marketplace
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Marketplace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Amazon Marketplace Reply with quote

I am the world's worst e-buyer, so have very little experience.
I've just tried complaining to Amazon that my order for three 2GB SD cards has still not been delivered, only to be told they are coming from "One of our Marketplace sellers/partners". Which in effect means I'm going third party and all I can do is send them a "funnelled via Amazon" e-mail - no phone number and not even a direct e-mail address!! Amazon told me that their Marketplace sellers are required to respond to my e-mails within three working days. I wouldn't mind betting I get some sort of reaction to this post here within less than three non-working hours!!! I originally went to Amazon, because I thought they'd be more trustworthy and less of a ripoff than e-bay. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So, just after mid day on Tuesday 8th May I ordered and paid for by Switch, three 2GB 150X Transcend SD Cards, £9.95 each PLUS £4.50 EACH Post and Packing, = Cards £29.95, P&P £13.50, total £43.35. I realised the P&P was ridiculous, but rather thought at least they'll get here quick (and the local shop wants £39.95 for just one 2GB SD card). But my order confirmation from Amazon said the seller "has agreed to dispatch by 10 May 2007". It's now late afternoon 12th May and they are still not here. A month ago, I paid the Post Office £7.40 to have my video camcorder delivered to my daughter next morning, so I had expected the SD cards to arrive at latest Thursday morning (if I accept that 1pm Tuesday is too late for Wednesday morning - if I order stationery from Viking before 4pm, it's delivered next day).
Go on - tell me to look them up on Viking Direct now!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Go on - tell me to look them up on Viking Direct now!!

Look them up on Viking now, Dennis. ;-)

BTW, is all this sheep stuff just an attempt to impress me? :P

Regards,

Bo Peep.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the sharp put-down slapped on everybody who tried getting fresh with you last time on the forum, Love it I wouldn't dare try anything. And having met Privateer at the Expo, he's too big a lad for me to trifle with if you don't smack me first! 8)
Do you know ....
Quote:
I wouldn't mind betting I get some sort of reaction to this post here within less than three non-working hours!
you missed fulfilling my prophesy by two minutes!! Stop it!

dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Amazon only because they guarantee to give you your money back if it all goes T up! I dread using Ebay/Paypal for that reason. They promise you the world but just read the Community Q&A's for horror stories of people given refunds and the goods by eBay staff.
Amazon delivery time spans are a joke ie sometime between 16 - 29 May!! Most Market place sellers do much better than that but some do take the mickey. I prefer Amazon - apart from their fees and they don't give you the chance to combine postage.
Doug
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the man at Amazon told me they have no control over what the Market place sellers charge for P&P and I would be better off buying from Amazon - I told him it didn't say that where they offered me the cards, nor was it plainly obvious that I wasn't buying them from Amazon at the time.

The order confirmation says estimated dispatch date 10th May. Payment confirmation says "has agreed to dispatch by 10th May". Yesterday evening, 12th May, the order details were forecasting delivery between 14th and 20th May. Tonight the order simply says "Completed" - no dispatch date or delivery forecast and I can't see any way to look for either of those.

If I recall correctly, I saw a button on Amazon for commenting on this seller and/or transaction. Once I've safely got my cards, I intend to comment on both the seller and Amazon.

I used the internet because I wasn't confident what the local photography shop was selling were suitable for my satnav, because a trip to the nearest PC World or other retailer is a 30 mile round trip and because I expected it to be quick, cheaper and easy. I should be sitting here with backups of my satnavs. Instead of which, Amazon took my £43 last Tuesday and still haven't supplied the goods. Maybe they'll come tomorrow after I've already gone out for the day's work.

alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.valuemedia.co.uk are usually good dennis ive used them a few timies

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought my Navman T1 from a company in Germany ( Avides Media )via Amazon.
I cannot fault them on the speed that the T1 got to me ( it took no more than 2 days from when I placed the order ).
Where I had the problem was that when it arrived , it arrived minus the aerial ( useless I know but I still wanted it ) and also the mini-USB power adaptor ( which I really did need ).
There was no mention of these items not coming with the T1 , it just said that it was an ex-display model.
The company in Germany ( Avides Media ) were less than helpful , so I had to sort out these problems myself , thanks to this forum I was able to do this.
Avides Media's response to me was " I am sorry but all the info for the articles is supplied by Amazon. We as market place sellers only indicate that we have the article on sale and are put underneathe the picture.
If we do have the aerial on sale, it will be there on Amazon. Unfortunately I cannot see that from here ".
I don't understand how Avides Media were selling the T1 but " the info for the articles is supplied by Amazon " ???????
This experience has DEFINITELY put me off ordering anything but books , CD's and DVD's off of Amazon in the future.
psykik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776: thanks for the link to valuemedia. Bookmarked!
Fabio73
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Amazon Reply with quote

had good and fast delivery of the Garmin Nuvi from them recommended
CliffEdge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for Amazon Marketplace & avoid. I got stung for high multiple postage costs for items that had all come from Amazon direct before. How do we even know the marketplace exists & its not just Amazon jacking up the prices. The benefit of amazon, who are not particularly cheap, was the convenience & post free over a key amount. The Market scam does away with all that. If they are now happy to use their "good name" for other products, but run when there is a problem.... AVOID, or stick to books & CDs

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: