Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuv1 310 deluxe Locking Up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuv1 310 deluxe Locking Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timlofts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuv1 310 deluxe Locking Up Reply with quote

While travelling through France last week, my 310 deluxe kept freezing/locking up. It was supposed to be guiding me on 600 mile journey to the Alps, and back, but would freeze up anything between twice an hour or every few minutes. I was using maps from NT 9 stored on an sd card. There was no warning it had happened, and yes we did take a few detours courtesy of it having frozen up, and of missing our junctions. The software on it is version 3.5. Anybody had this happen, and what did they do?

Thanks!
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty (very Rolling Eyes ) new to this also, timlofts but like to try and help. Have you tried booting your 310 without the SD card inserted? If all is well, then I'm guessing the problem lies with the downloaded software on the card.

It sounds like you're using a kosher version of NT Europe but look at formatting your SD and reinstalling the maps. You might want to see about updating your 310 firmware to ver3.90 (latest) through the Garmin site as, I believe, there have been 'issues' with freezing on the nuvi Confused
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a good idea to upgrade unit - take backup first. But it could be your SD card that is at fault. Does it do the same with UK driving? (I'm guessing the unit is UK/Ireland and you have bought additional maps.)

According to GARMIN the updates are

GARMIN wrote:
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:

Updated Lithuanian text translations

Corrected issue that could cause the unit to shutdown during some searches for cities and streets

Corrected issue that could prevent proper startup when custom POI files contain a large number of bitmaps

Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.80:

Added support for Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Romanian, and Serbian pre-recorded voices. Download voices using WebUpdater.

Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:

Fixed Extended Postal Code searching used in Great Britain

Although there was an issue with some searches (for long journeys I believe) it didn't cause problems when following the route - but if you caused a re-route by missing a turn then this might be an issue. So do the upgrade to be safe and test your SD card. Best way to do that is to use a PC card reader and try copying files backwards and forwards a few times - filling up the SD card each time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: