Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman T1 Traffic Unit - Have I done my money ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman T1 Traffic Unit - Have I done my money ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eureka !!!
I brought my Maplin Miniscan Magmount yesterday ( £ 14.99 ) and ordered my Garmin BNC to MCX adaptor off Ebay ( that came today ).
I have just set it up and it works a treat ( well , I have got a signal and it's not dropped out ....... yet ).
The proof of the pudding will be on Monday when I go to work.

I also heard back from Navman , who said that they don't sell the T1 mini USB to jack plug power adaptor seperately but they said they found one and they were goimg to send it to me gratis.
Thank you Navman !!
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit where credit is due !!
I received the mini USB to jack plug adaptor through the post today from Navman Customer Services ( free , gratis ).
I nearly fell over when I got it.
It is nice to see a companies Customer Service Dept. giving........... customer service.
Thank you Navman !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news. They are not so forth coming in helping people with reception problems due to a inferior antenna. I sent a letter off two months ago and not even a reply Sad
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did actually send them an email explaining that the aerial that comes with the T1 is just not good enough ( I did'nt get an aerial with mine , but that's another story ) and that people with T1's ( myself included ) are going out and spending more money to try to get an aerial that will actually do the job.
I must admit I did'nt get anything positive back from Navman about that email.
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wont because they know it will cost them. As far as this goes it would seem they have a policy of

gmark216
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another one who bought the T1 and can't get any reception with the supplied aerial.Email sent to Navman a week ago but no reply Confused
Any advice on what type of aerial to buy? Prob an obvious question but i'm new to the forum,and I don't want to go down the external aerial route. At present I have the navman antenna vertically placed on the drivers side and the cable stretched round the windscreen to the centre of the dash. I have tried the antenna positioned horizontally too. All I ever get is "no data available" when I go to the tuning screen with the set current and set preferred selection. At the moment I feel like i've wasted £60. thanks in advance for any advice.
gmark216
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic over Laughing
I followed the advice of mosdom on another thread(Navman T1 reception problems and fix) about positioning Sat Nav at r/h/s (like I do normally!) and running the cable tight up the windscreen pillar and positioning the aerial as far over to the left along the top of the windscreen as I could(almost under the passenger sunvisor) and hey presto a signal 8) (only Classic fm but its a start!)
Many thanks mosdom! 8)
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmark216 wrote:
Panic over Laughing

I was about to reply to your original post, but you obviously sorted it out yourself, Thumbs Up

Classic Fm is the only channel in the uk for Navman, so leave it on auto and enjoy!
Secondly reception coverage isn't great so expect it to drop out from time to time, depending on where you are of course.

Welcome to the forum!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
gmark216
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the original subject on page 1, I got lucky with the in car adaptor, I was not keen on having that usb adaptor plug sticking out(what a shame Navman did not fit a power pack to the unit or let the sat nav supply it) and I was about to order an adaptor so that I did not have to use the USB one when I remembered my little used bluetooth GPS receiver for my mobile phone sat nav. The car adaptor was the same voltage otput and plugged straight in 8)
Looks much neater now, shows that it pays sometimes to check before you buy!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to inform us what mobile phone charger addaptor you are using with the device? - make and model etc.
As I am sure quite a few people don't like the after thought sticking out of the T1 - I think over time there is possibility of component failure as the force provided by the coiled power lead is amplified due to the fulcrum the addaptor adds to the tiny power connector, add to this vibration etc I think the connectors might fail on the OEM units after time, knowing that a straight mobile lead works could be quite useful - Mike
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my Navman T1 , someone on this forum suggested using an iCN power lead. I was just in the process of selling my iCN 610 so I tried it on my T1 and it worked perfectly.
gmark216
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Care to inform us what mobile phone charger addaptor you are using with the device? - make and model etc.
As I am sure quite a few people don't like the after thought sticking out of the T1 - I think over time there is possibility of component failure as the force provided by the coiled power lead is amplified due to the fulcrum the addaptor adds to the tiny power connector, add to this vibration etc I think the connectors might fail on the OEM units after time, knowing that a straight mobile lead works could be quite useful - Mike

The power lead was not for a mobile phone, it is for my Polstar GPS receiver. If its any help to anyone, the make of the power lead/charger is an ELEMENTECH , model number Cu-2930. Input is 12V, output 5v and 1amp.Also has a neat right angled connector, nice n neat.
There is a website for the brand but I haven't checked it out.
gmark216
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.elementech.com/en/products_1.php?area_id=1107331013&area_name=DC%20/%20DC%20Car%20Charger

hope the link works
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you guys have concidered the navman hard wire kit? I bought this thing ages ago and its absolutly perfect, as it is hidden from view permenantly, no gahstly leads hanging, rightangles plug.
I only had to wire a switch on it so I could turn the transformer off when not in use. I have it plugged in to my Navman T1.

see Here iCN 300 /600 Vehicle Hard Wire Power Kit.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
gmark216
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a reply off of Navman technical support today, very helpfull Confused

Dear Mark,

The T1 pack can be very temperamental when search for a fix, the station selection should be on automatic and its better at receiving when you are moving. If you have tried every possible position in the car, then I would suggest that you return the unit back to the dealer and get it replaced, as it may be faulty.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: