Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom v5 on a Medion MD95900 or not ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom v5 on a Medion MD95900 or not ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostontheroads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom v5 on a Medion MD95900 or not ? Reply with quote

Can some one please tell me if tom tom v 5 will work on a medion MD95900 or not. I have read posts that say it can and others that say not
If any one dose know how it can be done will you please tell me. If it is not possible to be done at least I will Know one and for all. Thanks Confused
bertie_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got an answer to this?

I have a medion 95900, have done the task bar hack and tried installing TomTom 5.

When I launch it I get a blurred startup screen. Hard reset and tried again, no luck. I have also tried a number of gx.dll 's as I think this is the heart of the unit's graphics and causing the problem.

I have now spent the last 6 hours looking at this and am bored Wink

If anyone knows a definative answer will they post it as there doesn't seem to be one about at the moment.

Bertie
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Try dropping the GX.dll altogether Reply with quote

Mios ruunning the near same set up only function without the GX.dll or a specially built one, which was done. However, to make sure move GX.dll to somewhere other than \windows directory and do a soft reset then launch tomtom again - this solved everything for me on a mio - it may be that although you have tried lots of versions non work correctly but tomtom is trying to use them. Without finding the GX.dll it drops in to a different mode where it lets core win ce drive the screen and given that navigation is not a huge burdon on screen refreshes, it works. Add two minutes to the 6 hours, give it a go before giving up.

Regards

Neil.
bertie_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a gx.dll in \windows and still get the blurred screen.

I have posted my device info to the gx.dll HPC german developer to try and get a specific one for my device.

Will let you know if I get it going.

Bertie
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to TomTom 5 running on a Medion MD95900 / 200 (from Aldi) - here are the steps that worked for me.

(1) Did the hack (as described here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24107 )

(2) downloaded and extracted 'pack.dll' and 'packdllxania' and copied all the DLLs to the \Windows directory on the Medion (I don't know if this step is essential)

(3) Installed TOMTOM 5 for Pocket PC

(4) Went to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9879b0e-4ef1-4049-9c61-e758933d84c4&DisplayLang=en and downloaded 'Pocket PC GAPI 1.2' - extracted the ZIP (on PC) and in it I found ARM\GX.dll. Copied this dll to \Windows on the Medion (and replaced the GX.dll that was installed in step 2)

(*) I had also installed NAVMANICN510.EXE from here http://www.expansys.fr/forumthread.asp?code=NAVMAN_ICN_510_FR&thread=4 but I don't think that is required for TomTom to work.

The key is getting the right GX.dll.
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting a blurred screen (or a black screen) when trying to run TomTom I think you just need to add (or replace) GX.dll with the one found on http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9879b0e-4ef1-4049-9c61-e758933d84c4&DisplayLang=en

When this file is extracted look in the \ARM folder for the gx.dll and put in in the \Windows folder on the Medion
lostontheroads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i am slightly lost at step 2 where do i download these dll's from i have done the task bar hack and downloaded the replacement dll's from the link that you discrbed. i am all ready to give it a go except for the first dll that is needed
lostontheroads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostontheroads wrote:
hi i am slightly lost at step 2 where do i download these dll's from i have done the task bar hack and downloaded the replacement dll's from the link that you discrbed. i am all ready to give it a go except for the first dll that is needed
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not need those extra DLLs for TomTom to work - try it without them, but make sure that you have the GX.dll from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9879b0e-4ef1-4049-9c61-e758933d84c4&DisplayLang=en

If you find that you need the extra DLLs then try here:

http://www.gpspassion.com/download/packdll.zip

http://hautil.free.fr/bm/packdllxania.zip

Be aware that these DLL packs also contain a GX.dll (which isn't the correct one for TomTom to work so be careful not to overwrite the required GX.dll with one from these packs.

I think thses extra DLLs help if you want to install things like Winampaq etc

I have installed TomTom 5 on two MD95900s and it works really well - the GX.dll even seems to even speed up the graphics rendering of the Medion Navigator - unless it is just my imagination.

Cheers
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you definately don't need the NAVMANICN510.EXE for it to work
peter_martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When I bought TomTom 5 it came pre-installed on a SD card.
However, when I try and run the START.EXE nothing happens, it doesn't install TomTom.

Any ideas?
bolerules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Problem too... Reply with quote

Hi friends...I got a problem too...

So, I have MD 96800. GPS works fine with maps and software that came with it.

One cd is named as Smarthpath Trip and the other is Smarthpath City.

It is the software from NAVMAN i believe and there is lots of maps...so i would like to install it to use that maps...but...

Im new in this so i will most likely ask a stupid questions...

Well, when i insert cd the app starts...I have several options like...Install Smarthpath Trip, Install GPS support...Add Map...etc.

I have installed the Smarthpath Trip and GPS Support. MD 96800 aske me where to install...to be correct i have installed it in deafult directory. Installation goes smooth...no reports of errors...but...!!!

When i try to start the Smarthpath GPS it says this...
"Cannot find `TOMTOM GPS` (or one of its components).Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required liraries are available."

Same thing is when i try to start Smarthpath Trip to view the maps.

Help please,
Bolerules.
IceDragon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a medion MD95900 and im trying to install tomtom 5

i have done the hack and extracted both dll packs to the windows directory but when i click on the tomtom icon from the card it does nothing.

I am right in saying the dll files go into the windows directory on the medion. If i try to install tomtom befo i put in the .dll files in it says cant find auto run but soon as the dll files are in it does nothing.

Also i can not get it to pair with auto sync at all i just get awindows telling me to restart.

can anyone help please
IceDragon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a medion MD95900 and im trying to install tomtom 5

i have done the hack and extracted both dll packs to the windows directory but when i click on the tomtom icon from the card it does nothing.

I am right in saying the dll files go into the windows directory on the medion. If i try to install tomtom befo i put in the .dll files in it says cant find auto run but soon as the dll files are in it does nothing.

Also i can not get it to pair with activesync at all i just get awindows telling me to restart.

can anyone help please
Pahl1509
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: tom tom on md95900 Reply with quote

what version of tom tom do i need for the md95900 model, i have a 256mb sd card would i need to upgrade this to use tom tom, and can i use tom tom with radar warning software.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: