Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 210 Hard Reset solved
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 210 Hard Reset solved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Medion 210 Hard Reset solved Reply with quote

Im not going to start from scratch as this has been covered here already set up your Medion as you like it
The work around on your medion can be done as follows install Backup Manager 3.30 make a backup
Put this backup file in the folder \My Flash Disc. When you have to remove the batteries or unit hard resets
just double click on your back up click ok to install then ok to reset and all is restored My unit has edited menu's so whe it boots i just click on an icon on the menu bar and it installs my backup and all is restored even when im out

Ps: you can use a motorola V3 charger as a mains unit. And if you are running Tomtom 5 like me put your Tomtom folder in MY Flash Disk as well and put your maps on your sd card. The windows files will be restored when you restore your backup
aicha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: can you please help me restore my MEDION GoPal PNA 210 Reply with quote

can you please help me restore my MEDION GoPal PNA 210,I have formated all the rom (flash) and my medion is just like a dead shell!!
I have no disks to restore it from I am stuck please help me if you can.
I only need the flash to restore it.
please help
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Help flash Reply with quote

i need to know exacly what you have done to your medion pna what did you flash!!
aicha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, I didnt flash nothing when you hold the switch on button at the same time soft rest button(pinhole) for 5 seconds,you will get a blue screen in that screen there is an option to called format flash.
and thats what I did and didnt think I was formating the system until nothing come up.
now I can still log into the blue screen where there is options to restore the rom but I dont have the rom it should be a bin image file.
any help will do please.
regards
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Format Reply with quote

When you start your medion and you see the red Gopal screen if you click on the o of gopal you get a secret menu called (clean up) options are

remove installation only
remove map only
remove preload only
remove all
factory reset
format flash
exit

If you chose format flash you will need all the install files for the flash disc. These i have
If however it is the rom you deleted i dont have this
i would need some sort of rom reader/downloader
If you have a program to download the rom let me know i will copy mine for you as i think Medion charge £70 for this
can you still access the device with activesync ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: