Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i-Blue737 Bluetooth GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i-Blue737 Bluetooth GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: i-Blue737 Bluetooth GPS Reply with quote

I got CoPilot 6 with a T-Mobile MDA Vario in November 2005.

It came with a bluetooth GPS which in theory can be used with an internal battery. In practice, its seems to run out of puff after 20 minutes. You can't then change the battery. The CoPilot package only came with a charger lead for use in a car, which isn't much use if I want to use it as a pedestrian or cyclist. There was another lead that I was able to rig up with a USB plug to charge from my computer, but it was still pretty poor.

I've got it set up with the charging lead in the glovebox of my car, but each time I have to re-pair the GPS with my phone if I don't switch off the power to the GPS at the end of a journey.

One solution would be to wait for an HTC Kaiser in a few months, which will have a built in GPS. However, that will probably just come with more bugs. I saw some discussions on XDA Developers board about the MTK chipset like in an i-Blue 737.

There are some reviews here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50606
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=67511

I looks like it should last 25 hours on a charge and it has a power saving mode to switch itself after a while.

I got one on eBay for £34 including delivery and it arrived today. It gets a fix much quicker than the CoPilot GPS, charges from a mini B USB lead that means I can use the same lead with my phone & external hard disk.
It takes a Nokia BL5C battery, which means that I can remove the
battery if its always going to be in a car for a while, or carry a spare
if I'm going to use the GPS a lot. It comes with a mains charger and
a car cigarette light to USB lead.
phoebus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahenry

I found it a little annoying when my copilot gps turned up, and it only had a car charger. Luckily it came with my wifes MDA compact (htc charmer) but I already had a MDA3 (htc blueangel). The MDA 3 comes with a docking cradle, which luckily has the exact same size connector, and power requirements that the gps reciever has.

so it's all fully interchangeable, so I can charge it anywhere. One other advantage, was that it also is the same as my digital camera, so now I can charge that in the car as well!

If only I could get the GPS to work properly!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: