Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem transfering copilot to a bigger sd card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem transfering copilot to a bigger sd card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Encio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Problem transfering copilot to a bigger sd card Reply with quote

Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!! i bought a copilot software preinstalled in a 256mb microsd and i want to transfer the software to a bigger sd card because 256 is just too small. the problem is after i have installed it and run it it says "unable to open copilot, please make sure the compact flash card is inserted or that the data has been properly downloaded" i did check and even reinstall and as far as i know everything is ok aside from the software not running. but when i use the software with the original sd card it does work. i never had problem using different memory card with TomTom 6 but with co pilot its a whole different story.

So if someone has the same problem and fixed it can you please let me know. thanks!!!!

Dennis
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden files usually cause this problem.

Try again by starting My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - View and click on Show hidden files and folders.
Bingo_Accent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you didn’t do what I did…

I created a folder on my memory card called ‘Co Pilot’ and saved the two sub-folders (‘2577’ and ‘COPILOT’) there – the idea being to at least start off with a tidy filing structure….

I got the same message you’re getting, and had to move the two folders ‘up’ to the top level in order that the .exe file could run.
fluffball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I did when I got the s/w was take copy of the 256KB card (using PC and card reader with show hidden files turned on) before I even plugged it in. Later I deativated CoPilot, copied the image to a 4GB card duplicated the structure exactly. Forced the install to re-run and re-activated it. No problems so it can be done.
kaapstad82
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: transfare copilot to bigger memory card Reply with quote

1-deactivate existing copilot
2-open new file/folder on your pc and name "copilot 2".
3-insert original copilot memory card into card read on pc
4-copy copilot memory card files onto "copilot 2"
5-insert bigger memory card into reader
6-copy "copilot 2" onto bigger memory card
7-download the file from alk below. http://www.alk.eu.com/files/S60-3rd/copilot_s60_21_6.0.8.110.zip
8-copy the above onto your bigger memory card.
9-insert and load/overwrite onto phone
10-register with alk & use
Kram
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: transfare copilot to bigger memory card Reply with quote

kaapstad82 wrote:
10-register with alk & use

Thank-you for those detailed notes on how to move to a larger memory card. I used them to install to the memory-card-less N95 8GB and it *almost* works.

I now have it installed and can use the software ok, but only as the 3 day evaluation. When I try to register/activate it gets part-way through that process, I enter the long code supplied with the software, I receive an email with the registration code, but the N95 locks up and doesn't give me chance to enter the code.

I have a call in to the support line about this but I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else has already seen and solved the problem.

Thanks,

Mark.
crash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you use this process to back up your software. i've considered buying copilot live but didn't like idea of being stuck with a 2gb card and not a dvd or cd set. thanks in advance.
MGTF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
i copied the orginal 1Gb card that came with Copilot 7 to my hard disk and then copied those files to a 2Gb card. it all installed and worked OK.

i have now just copied the current 2Gb card to my hard disk and copied all those files back to a 4GB SDHC card for My Orbit.

I did not have to deactivate copilot all worked Ok..

I used a card reader for all the copying.....

Cheers
stone95
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in fact, you could recreate your storage card as mentioned in their support site:

Recreate Storage Card
Smile
muckypup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a nice PDF with pictures that shows the procedure.

http://www.alk.eu.com/files/manuals/V7ppc-DDW.pdf

I was considering the new Garmin software but the copilot software looks better and you can officially install the maps on any card you want!

S.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muckypup wrote:
Here is a nice PDF with pictures that shows the procedure.

http://www.alk.eu.com/files/manuals/V7ppc-DDW.pdf

I was considering the new Garmin software but the copilot software looks better and you can officially install the maps on any card you want!

...that is of course assuming that you are able to install CoPilot Central from the DVD supplied, and subsequently update the necessary files... which I am not currently able to do, due to a known bug which ALK are currently trying to fix.

Not good!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: