Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN630 V2 Upgrade FREE - NAVMAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN630 V2 Upgrade FREE - NAVMAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN630 V2 Upgrade FREE - NAVMAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT Reply with quote

As we originally reported, existing Navman iCN630 customers will be getting a free program and map upgrade. If you have been reading any other news website that says you will not be receiving a free upgrade, you have been mis-informed by them! Below is an official announcement and press release from Navman Europe (via Navman's PR company) and backs up exactly what we posted here and here.

Official statement
Date: 12th January 2004
Time: 18:14 GMT

page 1/1

Navman announce free V2 software upgrade for existing iCN630 owners

Following the launch of the iCN630 V2 all registered owners of the original iCN630 will be given a free application and mapping software upgrade. Registered owners will be sent an e-mail alerting them to this upgrade and directed to the Navman website. Once logged on they will fill out their address details and have the application and mapping software shipped free of charge. Those who can’t be contacted by e-mail (change of address) will be sent a postcard to their registered house address alerting them to the offer on the Navman website. In order to take advantage of this free upgrade iCN630 owners will have to send their address details within 30 days. Registered owners will be contacted within 4 weeks.

iCN620 upgrade
Owners of an iCN620 will receive a free TeleAtlas map data upgrade, using the same registration process as above. The map data will only be for the owners specific region e.g. UK only, France only etc.

TeleAtlas Ireland coverage
Regarding mapping data for Ireland, TeleAtlas covers four major cities including Dublin, Cork, LImmerick and Galway.

About Navman
Navman, is a recognised world leader in the design, manufacturer and marketing of Global Positioning System (GPS) technology products. Established in 1988, the New Zealand based company provides a diverse range of GPS solutions across wide ranging industries including marine, personal GPS, fleet management and OEM markets. Satellite navigation technology has been a core technology for Navman's products from inception. The company recognises the need for applications in transportation, recreation, survey and personal information. Navman New Zealand has received a number of awards, including New Zealand's Supreme Exporter of 2002, and the 2002 HiTech Supreme Award. It is part of Brunswick New Technologies, a unit of U.S.-based Brunswick Corporation.[/b]
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave for all the digging.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I can't give any specific release dates yet, but something will happen within the next 2-4 weeks.
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: ICN630 V2 News Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anybody has any more news on the ICN630's V2 upgrade.

Sorry, but I'm just too impatient.

Thanks.

ICNman

Mr. Green
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just looked at the Navman Website and they now have an "Invitation" for purchasers to register to receive the New Upgrade for the iCN630.
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just registered - CDs to be sent out in the next ten days.

http://www.navman-mobile.com/iCN630V2Upgrade.php

We complained and Navman listened - credit where credit is due.
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW the page looks empty.

Scroll down to the bottom for forms.
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Just registered Reply with quote

Alright guys,

I just finished registering for the V2 upgrade on www.Navman.co.uk,
and it'll be delivered within 10 days, just like Kevmac mentioned above.
Havn't still recieved any e-mails from Navman though.

Anyway, I agree with Kevmav above. I think Navman have just become more popular with all their customers and more respected I'm sure.
It was definitely a good move. I for one, will be more than happy to buy all future updates whenever they come out.

Well done Navman and a big thank you.

iCNman
Alex34
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Yes indeed it looks Navman folks have listened. Once the CDs arrived (I have registered today) they will definitely go back to my “recommended” list!
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: The new iCN630 review Reply with quote

This is a question for Dave and anybody else who knows the answer:

Will you be doing a new review for the new iCN630, or is that a silly question?

iCNman
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh that's a silly question Wink

I have already requested a new iCN630 as we currently have a Street Pilot 2610 we are reviewing and it would be good to put them side by side, but I think Navman are going to miss the boat on this and we'll just have to review the iCN630 separately.
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Nothing yet. Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been waiting for those CD's for god knows how long. I woke up this morning and for some reason I thought that they would be there on my doorstep, but no they wern't. Tomorrows Friday and I'll just have to sleep and see what happens.

This side of the forum has been quiet for a few days, so I take it that no one else has got them yet either.

Somebody say something. On Fire

iCNman
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Reply with quote

Allright guys,

Never guess what? I've only recieved the V2 update this morning, can't believe it. I'm just gona install the update then I'll let you know what's happening.

Ta

iCNman Thumbs Up
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: The V2 CD's have finally arrived. Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents,

I've finished installing the V2 update (about 20 minutes in total) and have not taken it for a test drive as I don't have my car. But I have set a few routes through the auto-simulation and my god all that waiting has been more than worth it. First things first. I've always had this problem with my zoom in and out buttons and the volume button. when I use to tap the zoom in button the brightness option would appear, some of you might remember me posting a thread about this a couple of months ago. Any way that is no longer a problem, now that I've installed the new V2 software I have no problems what so ever. When I tap the zoom button, it zooms in or out and when I hold it for 2 seconds, the brightness option appears just as it should. The same goes for the volume button. Also another major improvement is map browsing, it is so much faster. That for me makes a massive difference as you can now press the directional buttons and it moves through the maps incredibly faster than before. And as for the 3D view, well it totally rocks if I may say so. Once you have a route set you can use the up and down directional buttons to control how much 3D you have, if you take it right up you pretty much have a birds eye view with a slight 3D touch, and if you take it right down then you have proper 3D view ahead and the sky is visible. There are also many other features which I'm still playing with and the menus have changed quite a bit. I can't say much more than that untill I've taken it out for a drive, but so far I couldn't be happier. I hope every body else gets theirs soon.

Thank you Navman
iCNman Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up Mr. Green
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman have been busy, my upgrade arrived today. Have not time to install it yet but from ICNmans comments it looks good.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: