Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Second installation of TT2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Second installation of TT2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Second installation of TT2 Reply with quote

I have just been searching the forum archives and can see some threads about activation but don't think they exactly answer my question, but forgive me if I am duplicating something answered earlier!

I have had TT2 installed on an IPAQ5450 for some months and also have the europe maps. I now also have an IPAQ1940 and think I may be better with TT on that and use the 5450 for other purposes, but I want to test it out first.

I assume I can do a second installation and activation with no problems, but I am worried that if I do this I might not later be able to restore TT to the 5450 if I had problems. Hopefully once activated on both I can continue reinstallations on both, but there appears nothing to confirm this. Does anyone know what the position would be regarding this?

Secondly, the maps also required activation. I have them on SD cards. Can I just swap the SD card from one IPAQ to another without activating it for the second machine? There appears to be no information about this on the TT web site.

I would appreciate knowing if anyone has experience of either of these.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I would say read the terms and conditions under the license you are bound by. You are only allowed to install it on one device at any one time.

There won't be any activation problems as TomTom have said providing people have legitimately purchased TTN2 and need to re-install it on a new Pocket PC, you can contact them and they will allow you to do this, but you may get a different activation key and the old one stuck off.

If you are looking to use TTN2 on two machines, irrespective of whether only one is being used at anyone time, then you do need to purchase a second license.
JimC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did really just want it on one ipaq, but was concerned that if I took it off the 5450 and did an install on the 1940 I would not be able to change my mind later.

From what you say it seems I could contact TT to do this even if my original activation code on the PC gets overwritten. Maybe I should find out what it is in advance and make a note of it.

Any idea about the maps on SD cards (and also the ones on transferred to the computer from the CD for writing to the cards); will I need a re-installation on them or reactivation?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: