Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Database - errors?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Database - errors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Camera Database - errors? Reply with quote

How strange!... The new camera database I have downloaded 25/1/07 has changed the 40mph Gatso cameras on the A38 by Lichfield Staffs to Temp cameras. and yet on the map on this site the cameras are correctly identified!!!!!!!! 52 40 55.2 N - 1 47 40.8W & 52 41 19.2 N - 1 47 25.0 W
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the id's of the cameras in question? and which download are you using?

if you find them on the map and click the icon then the camera number will be displayed underneath the map.

MaFt
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

if you find them on the map and click the icon then the camera number will be displayed underneath the map.

MaFt
TEMP:26130@40 & TEMP:24364@40

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
MaFt wrote:

MaFt
TEMP:26130@40 & TEMP:24364@40

Correct! I hadn't noticed the Temporary designation on the map.. however, these are 40mph Gatso's that will be in place for at least 12 months. The download I have is version 5.014 24 Jan 07 and on my
Sat Nav - icn530 the temp camera image doesn't display the speed nor does it 'boing' at me !!!!!
Andy_Summ
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there should be another catagory for long term temporary cameras. Laughing Out Loud

Andy.
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Summ wrote:
Maybe there should be another catagory for long term temporary cameras. Laughing Out Loud

Andy.

A quick look at the pics of various categories of camera i.e specs, gatso etc reveal a picture of a temporary Gatso as used at roadworks as a Gatso mounted on a 4 wheeled trailer. The Gatso's I am talking about are located (fixed in the ground) adjacent to roadworks... there is no indication that these Gatso's are temporary, well, no more temporary than any other Gatso that can have it's camera removed/replaced at any time!!!!!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzf00l wrote:
Andy_Summ wrote:

Andy.

A quick look at the pics of various categories of camera i.e specs, gatso etc reveal a picture of a temporary Gatso as used at roadworks as a Gatso mounted on a 4 wheeled trailer. The Gatso's I am talking about are located (fixed in the ground) adjacent to roadworks... there is no indication that these Gatso's are temporary, well, no more temporary than any other Gatso that can have it's camera removed/replaced at any time!!!!!
In this case it's the speed limit that's Temp@40, rather than the Camera Laughing

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the camera appeared along with the roadworks then it is likely that it will dissappear with them too - hence it's status as 'temporary'

MaFt
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
If the camera appeared along with the roadworks then it is likely that it will dissappear with them too - hence it's status as 'temporary'

MaFt

The one camera appeared before the roadworks! And on previous PGPSW Database was designated correctly.

Think I will revert to the December database...
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzf00l wrote:
And on previous PGPSW Database was designated correctly.
Are you suggesting that these cameras are designated WRONGLY in the current database?

zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! In as much as they are permanent Gatso's but as was pointed out.. the speed limit may be temporary. I have already submitted a change notification before the last update. The difficulty with identifying them as Temp is that (for meanyway) on my navman the speed designation does not display for Temp cameras.
zzf00l
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH! I've just been reading the various posts re reduction in speed camera database.. I feel like i've inadvertantly jumped on the ' lets slag off the PGPSW team ' which certainly wasn't my intention... in fact I think the site is amazing and the downlads superb... I'm just 'picky'. You obviously have a big headache at the moment so ignore me.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzf00l wrote:
OUCH! I've just been reading the various posts re reduction in speed camera database.. I feel like i've inadvertantly jumped on the ' lets slag off the PGPSW team ' which certainly wasn't my intention... in fact I think the site is amazing and the downlads superb... I'm just 'picky'. You obviously have a big headache at the moment so ignore me.

don't worry about it!! can you resubmit (again) and just stick a note in the comments to say 'as discussed in forum' etc.

cheers

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: