Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Training Centre Software for Mac
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Training Centre Software for Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Cycling, Sports and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Garmin Training Centre Software for Mac Reply with quote

Last year I converted to the the Mac platform with a Mac Laptop and one of my favorite computers the iMac G4 one of the best designed computers in the world. Now the switch to the Mac was not too much of an issue but there are still some applications that are not available for the Mac, and of course these are some of the ones I want to use. I know that I could use a PC emulator, but the point of moving to Apple was to ditch Windows.

Garmin have recognised the deficiency and have released the Garmin Traing Centre software for Mac OS 10.4. Now I can download my Edge and Forerunner data to the Mac. All I need now is for Memory-Map to become Mac compatible and I will be happy...

Garmin Press Release wrote:
Garmin Training Center Software Now Available for Mac OS X
Garmin Training Center software is now compatible with Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger," making Garmin the first major GPS manufacturer to offer direct Mac support. Garmin Training Center software is used with Garmin’s Forerunner and Edge series fitness products.

Mac OS X version 10.4 “Tiger” users will now be able to download information directly from their Forerunner or Edge fitness device to the Garmin Training Center software.  While using the software, fitness enthusiasts can create, analyse and store data from their fitness activities directly on their computer. The software also offers tools to record pace, speed, heart rate, and elevation based on time and distance. In addition, users can categorise the information based on the type of activity, such as walking, running, biking, or kayaking.

In addition to the Garmin Training Center, Mac users have come to rely on Garmin's web application, MotionBased.com, which has been supporting the Mac since March 2006.  This internet based platform translates GPS data into performance analysis, online mapping and route sharing.  MotionBased utilises a web plug-in that allows customers to upload data directly from a Garmin fitness device through the Safari web browser.  Data recorded by the GPS device is stored at MotionBased.com where time, distance, speed, elevation, cadence, grade, and heart rate analysis is displayed.  The MotionBased.com site also includes charts, reports, historical weather, split analysis, interactive maps and one-click export to Google Earth.

Mac users will be able to download the Mac compatible software for free in late January 2007 at www.garmin.co.uk/trainingcenter.

“This is the first time a major GPS manufacturer has offered direct Mac support, and we’re extremely pleased we’ve been able to offer this Training Center software support in time for Mac users training for the London Marathon, or those looking to get fit in 2007,” commented Garmin’s Fitness Product Manager, Andrew Silver.

JohnFleet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I need now is for Memory-Map to become Mac compatible and I will be happy...

not quite the full answer I know, but I'm finding running MM4 under Parallels on the Mac works just fine.....

John Fleet[/i]
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnFleet wrote:
All I need now is for Memory-Map to become Mac compatible and I will be happy...

not quite the full answer I know, but I'm finding running MM4 under Parallels on the Mac works just fine.....

John Fleet[/i]

I am still considering this, but the whole idea of moving from a PC to a Mac was to say goodbye to Mr Gates software...

I also have an issue with space. I only have a few Gb left on my system so I dont want to use it for Windows.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Cycling, Sports and Fitness All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: