Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mazda 6 sat nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mazda 6 sat nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data
View previous topic :: View next topic  
div2112
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: mazda 6 sat nav Reply with quote

I have a 2003 mazda6 with a navtech sat nav system, can anyone tell me if i can put speed cameras on this and also is there anywhere i can update the dvd to 2007 cheaper than from navtech(£200).
cheers
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the problems with many in-dash navigation systems - the cost to upgrade is high. No real reason for this except that volumes of sales are lower than TomTom/Garmin units therefore the licensing costs per unit are a bit higher. Also motor manufacturers like to extract more than their fair-share from after-sales :D

You may find that POIs are stored on the system DVD (or internal storage if it's only updated from DVD) without any published way to add extras. But do a Google search of internet as there are people out there that may be able to help.

If you can't find a cheaper upgrade for the maps then have a look at buying a GARMIN/TomTom unit. I just bought my wife a new nuvi 310 UK/Ireland for £150. She likes the neatness of it (fits in handbag is main criteria here!) and the fact she can use her phone hands-free. I've nearly finished the Programming Destinations 101 course Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NAVTEQ Digital Map Data All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: