Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One POIs UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One POIs UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: TomTom One POIs UK Reply with quote

Hi

I recently purchased a TomTom One UK Regional. When I search for Police Stations or Places of Worship in the POIs it only shows results for Ireland. As I live in Scotland these are obviously of no use to me. I checked with the shop I bought it from and their demo model produced exactly the same. Does anyone know what I have to do to get the UK POIs.

Thanks...Ron
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, The inbuilt POI files that are supplied with the device do leave a bit to be desired in terms of content, accuracy etc.

You can go to the Pocket GPS World POI download page Here where you will find quite a few categories of POI that will be more upto date, more accurate etc. - Whats more they are free.

Please don't make the mistake some people do and download everything! - your device can only accept 100 Custom POI categories so choose carefully - Mike
Ron47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: TomTom One POIs UK Reply with quote

Mike

Many thanks. I just checked under Public Service Buildings and found everything I want. Now I just have to try to get them into my TomTom.

Ron
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treat them as any other POI file, unzip the download to reveal the actual POI files, these will comprise of two files per POI one ending .ov2 the locations, the other a .bmp which is the icon.
Simply copy these files to your map folder then you can use the POI files as required - Mike
Ron47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: TomTom One POIs UK Reply with quote

Hi again.

Sorry to be a pest but when I connect my TomTom to the computer and look in windows Explorer I can't see any folder named map folder ??

Ron
Ron47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: TomTom One POIs UK Reply with quote

I think I found the folder

United_Kingdom_and-Republic-of-Ireland ?

Ron
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you have found the correct folder, if you put the two files per POI category in that folder you will then be able to use the POI for navigation etc - Mike
Ron47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: TomTom One POIs UK Reply with quote

Hi Mike.

Many thanks for your help. I have also subscribed and downloaded the safety cameras

Thanks
Ron

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: