Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iG0 and speed cameras a solution that works(&other2)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iG0 and speed cameras a solution that works(&other2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lohtse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: iG0 and speed cameras a solution that works(&other2) Reply with quote

Hi Folks

Like some here I have used and still am using iGo 2006. But am let down by the lack of poi adding. and warnings well after much searching around and looking at some of the solutions and getting fed up with trying to get them to work I came a cross this Travel-I (http://www.travel-i.co.uk) (actaully here on pocketgps). I had a look and saw what seemed to be the solution that being a standalone app that will warn of cameras or any other pois you choose via a sound file and will do same when you go over speed limit also will run in the background too, best of all it's now FREE.

So quickly I downloaded and installed it. You have to download and install the desktop app too as this converts cvs and ov2 files to use with it on the pda. But that in it's self was easy just import and save thats it done, simply copy to travel-i folder and select database when running. Of cause you will need a port sharing application to use the gps with iGO and travel-i(I use PortSplitter from gpsmeter.mobileground.com which is freeware, just set ports to virtual ports and away you go). Choose you warning sound files and thats it. Simple and it is that simple. Best of all you can use Travel-i on its own or with Any app you choose. I have tried it with memory map Garmin Que and iGO and so far it's worked perfectly. So after serveral weeks of searching the solution was here at PGS.

Try it, I bet you will like it....

regards
Andrew

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: