Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Replacement 510/710/910 mounts - got yours yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement 510/710/910 mounts - got yours yet?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeJuiceMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Replacement 510/710/910 mounts - got yours yet? Reply with quote

I assume you've seen the TT announcement? No?

Well, they're offering FREE replacement windscreen mounts to replace .. er... let me paraphrase... ' a small batch of below standard mounts that somehow escaped into the shops. We will not tell you which batch, but if you tell us your serial number we will confirm that you have a faulty one and send you a replacement f.o.c. '

I'm confirmed and eagerly awaiting receipt of my new mount....

Incidentally, my original 510 mount not only fell off the screen a few times and suffered brewers' droop along with intermittent connection, it has now fallen into several more pieces than it originally consisted of! I took it out of my old car to put in the new one at the weekend and it fell to bits with broken internals (unrepairable). Great timing TT !! Let's just hope that the 'replacement' isn't more of the same....

https://www.tomtom.com/newdock/

OJM
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has just been delivered, thanks for the heads up.

As the original one has never given me any trouble do I have to buy another car to fit it to?
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My serial number is not accepted. So do i assume i am not eligible for a mount?

How can i tell if i already have the new mount? (Purchased my 510 at the end of August)
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you compare the thumbnail images the new mount has a little bar by the electronic connection Wink
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received mine - just over 2 weeks after ordering it. Not bad really. What I really need now is the little rubber thingy that's supposed to fit to the bottom of my TTG910, and which has fallen out. There are supposed to be 3 rubber bits underneath - 2 long ones and one small circular one. Any idea where I can get a replacement?

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
Crestacre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TT910 suffers from terrible brewers droop and wobbles about like a mad thing, however, it finaly fell to bits today in the middle of a busy town in Italy!

I wasn't aware of the free replacement offer so thanks for that - only problem is the serial number on my unit is starting to wear off and some of the numbers are not clear. When I enter what I think is the SN I get an error message that the format is incorrect

I've entered it like this: VxxxxxAxxxxx (where x is a numeric digit) no spaces in there.

Is this the right format?

I guess I need to look on the box and hope the SN is printed on there somewhere!

Spence.
remus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I ordered my new mount last week. Had an e mail from Tom tom yesterday to say it is on its way and to give me the tracking number for the delivery firm.

the SN is in the format I entered . the number is on the bottom of your box as well as the unit.

kevin
remus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I ordered my new mount last week. Had an e mail from Tom tom yesterday to say it is on its way and to give me the tracking number for the delivery firm.

the SN is in the format I entered . the number is on the bottom of your box as well as the unit.

kevin
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: New mount Reply with quote

Does the new mount fix the disconnection problems (the software update hid the problem) and the drooping problems?
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crestacre wrote:
My TT910 suffers from terrible brewers droop and wobbles about like a mad thing, however, it finaly fell to bits today in the middle of a busy town in Italy!

I wasn't aware of the free replacement offer so thanks for that - only problem is the serial number on my unit is starting to wear off and some of the numbers are not clear. When I enter what I think is the SN I get an error message that the format is incorrect

I've entered it like this: VxxxxxAxxxxx (where x is a numeric digit) no spaces in there.

Is this the right format?

I guess I need to look on the box and hope the SN is printed on there somewhere!

Spence.

You can read out the serial number from screen:
- pin-reset the unit (stick a paperclip in the little hole next to the connector).
- switch on the device while holding the power button
- after the drum sound you see a black status screen, with all kinds of info about your device. One of them is the serial number
micke_011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered mine as soon as the information appeared on this website, which i think was about 2-3 weeks ago. i then received an e-mail from tomtom saying i was in fact eligible for a new mount and that they should be shipping it to me shortly. a couple of days later i got another e-mail saying it had in fact been shipped via ups and then i finally got it, about 1 week after the first confirmation. so it worked flawlessly.

now i haven't used it that much since, but it seems really tough to turn it into locking position #2.. anyone know if they changed it so that it locks firmly already after the first click?
Stevedoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received mine on Saturday (took 8 days) you are right to turn onto lock two at the moment takes 2 hands, here`s hoping end of problems.

Used the old one in florida recently, spent the whole trip on partners lap drooped so bad,
Pedro2NR
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine over the weekend. My hand hurts locking it to 2nd position and unlocking it.
kinch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally got a new one with my TT910, but for the hell of it i registered for another one ...... and its coming in the next day or 2 !!!!

These are going for around £35 on Ebay !!!

WOO HOO. Who says nothing in life is for free. A new TT910 mount is.
DrMips
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it's not just me who has probelsm locking in to pos #2. Who tested this at TomTom? The Hulk?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: