Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux UK Support unavailable / closed down?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux UK Support unavailable / closed down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Holux UK Support unavailable / closed down? Reply with quote

Tried to contact Holux UK today regarding a failed software flash and couldn't get a response. Then contacted the company I brought the unit off, they also had had probelms contacting Holux UK and suggested that maybe the UK company had ceased training, anyone managed to contact them this week?

Steve
maljay48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Holux UK closed down Reply with quote

I also heard today, from a sales person at Handnav, that Holux UK has ceased trading. What the implications for UK users are, I don't know.

Parrisi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raised question about holux support about a fortnight ago .I think we may have been stuffed by suppliers for a while, as i noticed most withdrew products some time ago .The guys who supplied my stuff just gave me what was supposed to be Holux support number and said they would have to deal with it.I am not suprised to learn they have gone bust thats the way of the world nowadays,the paying customer is last to know the official suppliers will have known for a while what the situation is .Do not forget they are responsible under law for any warranty issues so demand your refunds off them
PC_Arcade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was always going to be difficult for HoluxUK as they were seen to be HUGELY more expensive than the import option.

Looks like market forces won Sad
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parrisi wrote:
The guys who supplied my stuff just gave me what was supposed to be Holux support number and said they would have to deal with it.

The retailer has a legal obligation to put the problem right, if your unit still has problems and you can't contact Holux UK then go back to the retailer and tell them to fix it.

PC_Arcade wrote:
It was always going to be difficult for HoluxUK as they were seen to be HUGELY more expensive than the import option.

I agree. I brought my Holux from Nav4all for £50 inc postage - a "UK version" of the exact same unit was £80. That sort of mark-up is not very realistic.

Is there any official confirmation that Holux UK have indeed ceased trading?
meestermartinho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear they have fallen out with taiwan so arent getting anymore stock.

Skippy wrote:
Parrisi wrote:
The guys who supplied my stuff just gave me what was supposed to be Holux support number and said they would have to deal with it.

The retailer has a legal obligation to put the problem right, if your unit still has problems and you can't contact Holux UK then go back to the retailer and tell them to fix it.

PC_Arcade wrote:

I agree. I brought my Holux from Nav4all for £50 inc postage - a "UK version" of the exact same unit was £80. That sort of mark-up is not very realistic.

Is there any official confirmation that Holux UK have indeed ceased trading?
jonez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh great, just when I was about to buy the gpslim 240! (the one that looks like a USB stick)
no idea what to do now
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonez wrote:
oh great, just when I was about to buy the gpslim 240! (the one that looks like a USB stick) no idea what to do now

Go right ahead and buy one. The retailer will have to honour the warranty if anything goes wrong.

If you aren't to bothered about the warranty then you can buy one from Taiwan, eBay or Nav4all.

Hopefully the price will come down now that Holux-UK are no longer adding a 50% mark up to the "official UK" units.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: