Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reinstall all the time? [Destinator 6/Vario II/2GB microSD]
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reinstall all the time? [Destinator 6/Vario II/2GB microSD]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phkrh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reinstall all the time? [Destinator 6/Vario II/2GB microSD] Reply with quote

Hi

I have Destinator 6 with all the European maps and speed camera database installed on a 2GB microSD card [along with Holux GpsViewer, Virtual Earth Mobile and Metro, leaving me with ~44MB free]. I have other programmes, etc on other microSD cards. I can take the navigation card in and out and have the software work OK. But when I try and update the camera database using the Destinator Console, the Console won't let me download - it says I have to install the software first. The Console can see that there are a load of maps on the card and can see how much spare space there is, but forces me to reinstall the software.

1) Is this behaviour 'normal'?
2) Is there a way round this?
3) Can I create the .dat files for the cameras on my desktop and just copy the files over to the PocketPC separately?

Thank you

Keith
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) No this behaviour isnt normal.

2) Probably.

3) Not that I am aware of.

If you only have 33Mb spare of a 2Gb card Destinator may be thinking that there may not be room to get the data in and handling it in a strange way. Can you make more space available.

Try refreshing the view of maps on the device at the bottom of the console by reselecting the installation target - can't actually remember how its done - (bottom right hand of the console?) which should make the console happy that the application is there.

If you are really desperate you could always try reporting the problem to Destinator - you might get a response Rolling Eyes
phkrh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have reselected the Storage Card option at the bottom right of the Console [always defaults to Main Memory], and it happily displays all the maps that are on the card, but still complains about the software not being there. Will have another try this evening but will contact Destinator too inthe meantime.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what your problem is. You are removing the card and running it in a card reader right? But the speed camera database goes into where the application is stored NOT necessarily the SD card.

Connect your device and let acticesync connect. Then download the Database to the device. If your software is installed on the device it will put it in a folder where the APLLICATION os not where your maps are.

Even if you aren't using a card reader you should try not selecting the card as the target. It needs to be where the main app is which is probably on the device not the card.
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: