Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map DVD; now what??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map DVD; now what??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elmlea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: New Map DVD; now what?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

My Europe v9 map DVD arrived recently.

I pop it in, feed it my unlock code from the yellow slip enclosed with my i3, and it installs MapSource and the new maps happily on my computer.

However, no matter how many times I run the software I can't convince it to put the maps on my i3. Any hints?
m4xwl
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: New Map DVD; now what?? Reply with quote

I had this at first with v9 and my c510. Although I clicked the prompt for "Install maps on GPS unit", it only put them on the PC then stopped.

But once the maps were on the PC, I took out the DVD and inserted it with my c510 already connected to PC. This time when the software booted up, theres the same prompt for "Install maps onto GPS unit" but this time it worked. I was then prompted for the unlock code, which you need to get from Garmin website. This is different from the one you get on your yellow slip. Hope this helps, but sounds like Garmin helpdesk if still no joy.
rod123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the unit came with v8 maps on it then the Unlock Code is for v8 maps and will not work for v9 maps. You need to get a v9 Unlock Code from garmin.
philai3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fell into this trap myself; I thought you would give it the V8 codes, but no, you get the V9 code from Garmins website. When you load Mapsource, press Ctrl-U, give it the V9 code, and it suddenly it all works! Incidentally, I notice that the Mapsource gobbles up 1.5gb of hard disk space for the map images - why not just read them from the DVD?
Renault Scenic with inbuilt Carminat Tom-Tom April 2013
Renault Clio
Mazda MX5 2010

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: