Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 300 - Restoring Favourites?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 300 - Restoring Favourites?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ironhand
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 300 - Restoring Favourites? Reply with quote

I'm currently running software version 3.30 on my nuvi 300 as subsequent updates haven't really added anything I was interested in. Still, it is probably time I 'caught up'.

A couple of questions:

1. To upgrade from v3.30 to v3.90 can I just apply the v3.90 update or do I have to first apply all of the interim updates? In other words, is each update a cumulative collection of all previous additions and bug fixes?

2. After applying my last two updates (v3.10 and v3.30) I found my Favourites had been 'reset' to the default Garmin HQ locations (not very useful ) . I always backup the Garmin directory before applying updates but do not know which file/s I have to restore to recover my Favourites. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ironhand
Ironhand
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone help?

Ironhand
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. To upgrade from v3.30 to v3.90 can I just apply the v3.90 update or do I have to first apply all of the interim updates? In other words, is each update a cumulative collection of all previous additions and bug fixes?
I'm not sure if the nuvi is the same as my i3 but when I update the software, the download is a complete new version, rather than just an upgrade.
Quote:
2.....I always backup the Garmin directory before applying updates but do not know which file/s I have to restore to recover my Favourites....
Again, I only have the i3 for comparison, but have read on this forum that that you should back-up your Favourites using freeware utility EasyGPS, which you can get here.

Sorry not to have any nuvi specific answers, but I hate to see a guy left hanging Smile
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly you can just apply the latest firmware, you don't need to apply interim versions (which is why Garmin only have the latest available). I would connect your Nuvi to your computer and backup (by taking a copy) all files on the Nuvi before updating. However, most of the recent firmware upgrades have kept all of your favourites, so you are less likely to lose them anyway.

Finally, if you use WebUpdater to perform the update, please ensure you are running version 2.4 (just out) before performing it, as it fixes a rare chance of corrupting any Garmin SatNav unit.
Ironhand
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile

Ironhand

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: