Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with April speed camera database (mapopolis format)?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with April speed camera database (mapopolis format)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Problem with April speed camera database (mapopolis format)? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I think I have found a problem with the April Mapopolis format speed camera database (at least the way that I use it).

The file installs the speed camera poi's into Mapopolis in an 'any category' category, which means if you select it for the proximity alert you get an alert for every type of POI. Previous months have installed as a category 'Camera'.

I have tried downloading the GPX format database and using GPXtoMaplet to convert it, but it reports that it has converted 6473 points (I would expect 9279 points as that is the number of cameras).

Cheers

Chris
PocketGPS speed camera database
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......Anyone....?

Cheers

Chris
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't a clue about this but I suggest you may get a better response if you put it in the Mapopolis forum
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter,

I figured it was best placed here as the problem appears to be with the format of this month's speed camera database file, not with Mapopolis itself. I did think about putting it into the members camera forum but didn't want to cross post having already entered it here.

Cheers

Chris
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris123 wrote:
Thanks Peter,

I figured it was best placed here as the problem appears to be with the format of this month's speed camera database file, not with Mapopolis itself. I did think about putting it into the members camera forum but didn't want to cross post having already entered it here.

Cheers

Chris

I'm VERY much against cross posting, but having waited a week, I think that you can give up on this thread, or post a link to it in the Mapopolis forum, without risking the wrath of other posters. Laughing

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGF wrote:

I'm VERY much against cross posting, but having waited a week, I think that you can give up on this thread, or post a link to it in the Mapopolis forum, without risking the wrath of other posters. Laughing

You're getting soft in your old age BGF! Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoiding multiple posts is most commendable thanks, I have moved this to the area it might get an answer, sorry I cannot offer more in the way of detail to fix the issue, but this is a system I have never played with - Mike
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
BGF wrote:

You're getting soft in your old age BGF! Laughing
Taunt Stop it!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I have installed the April database, and it appears under Cameras (but NOT if I haven't opened that file in the Choose maps option)
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
kayjaydeee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: No warnings Reply with quote

I have been following this thread for several days now and no one is answering the original question. How do I get my Mapopolis maps to give me a warnig of a Speed camera. I have the latest .mlp downloaded and installed, the cameras are there visually but no proximity warnings. Can someone please answer the original post. Ken Durkin
Ipaq 4350 Mapopolis 4.7 Camera database 4.064
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is that when the Mapopolis version of the speed camera database for April 06 onwards was created, the tag indicating category of 'Camera' was missed out - unfortunately the *.mlp format cannot be edited.

If you select a camera in Mapopolis the category will be listed as 'Any Category' instead of 'Camera'. I have gone back to the Feb 06 speed camera database and that works correctly: I have also downloaded the *.ov2 format database for April, May and June 06 and used POIEdit to convert to *.mlp and they all work correctly.

I'm not sure why Robin's setup is working correctly.

I guess the next thing is to PM whoever compiles the Mapopolis version of the database (though I'm not sure who that is?), and ask them to check that the category tag is being set correctly.

Cheers

Chris
PocketGPS speed camera database
kayjaydeee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the May database and it is different from the June database in as much as the June displays a category of "any" whereas the May doesn't. Can I get hold of the February database or is the July one liable to have fixed the problem? Ken Durkin
Ipaq 4350 Mapoplois 4.71
pt-1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased the August 06 Version and I am using the latest Version of Mapopolis on my PPC and there is no selection for "camera" within the Points of interest.

Is there any chance to convert this from another Version and change the Type...?

Otherwhise I just wasted £20 for the Database to be shown on the Map but no Indication with Mapopolis...

PT-1

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: