Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IGO goes to sleep
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IGO goes to sleep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atlantis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: IGO goes to sleep Reply with quote

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem with IGO.
I have it running on a HP HX4700 with WM5 OS.
After a period of time say 5 to 20 minutes the IPAQ shows the screen saver and all updates stop.
Touch the screen and it starts again until the next sleep.
I have turned off all Windows power options and also the backlight and it still happens.
I have tried it with a Bluetooth GPS and a Globalsat BC337 type, no difference. I use the IPAQ with a car power adapter.

IGO is not usable like this. I do not have this problem with TTN5 or any other GPS application. I use both GPSrs for Geocaching as well without problem.
I have tried mailing IGO Tech help but they never reply.
What a waste of money this turned out to be.

Anyone any ideas before I junk it.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, this sounds like the stupid screen saver that is built in to the 4700.
Go Start/ Programs and tap the icon "DockWare" when the application starts up tap and hold on the screen, from the pop-up de-select the "Start Automatically"
Also I would recommend you go to Start/ Settings "System" Tab select the Backlight icon then the Brightness tab on this page make sure the Automatic check box is not selected as this causes the screen brightness to vary when driving (it drove me up the wall), the above information is based on my 4700 running WM2003SE I have tried WM2005 on it with very little sucess, so I rolled it back, I cannot remember 100% if the above settings were available in the WM2005 ROM, but if they are this should sort out the problem - Mike
atlantis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I have done that and I have left Phillipa talking to herself on the shelf for a while to see if it cures the problem.
I am loathe to change back to WM2003SE as it does not seem to allow installation to the SD card as an option.
As an aside, I use a Holox BT321 Bluetooth GPSr with both TTN5 and IGO with success.
atlantis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with Mikes help I seem to be able to keep IGO running during part of a 400 mile round trip to oxford.
I have now decided that IGO is hopeless, en routo to Oxford via the A30, M5 and M4 it tried to get me off the highways first into Oakhampton town off the A30 dual carriageway then from every exit of the M5 to goodness knows where.
Half way there I changed back to Ken on Tomtom who had us there in no time.
I did discover that IGO is great for Geocaching via CO-Ordinates for parking spots in the wilderness. Not one route failure over short distances.

I'm sorry IGO, with your dismay customer service and total routing failures plus keep telling me I am over the speed limit at 59 MPH on a Motorway is hopeless. Time to sell you on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: